grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big dinner was called off - not really all that disappointed, meant I got to come home and put on comfy clothes vs. rushing around like a mad woman.....though it does leave DH and I with about 6 pounds of roast to eat as I had already taken them, 2, out of the freezer to make for dinner tonight. Guess I won't have to cook for a few days (except for DS who is convinced he doesn't like roast beef -- oh well, more for me!). DD's roommate gave her the plague of some sort apparently so she's staying home rather than coming down here to infect the rest of us. I'd almost think she just changed her mind about coming and was making an excuse, but this was her first chance to ride in over three months, so I know she wouldn't miss if she didn't absolutely have to. So, instead of cleaning house (DH decided he wanted to take a nap = no loud cleaning) I am bathing dogs - time for monthly flea treatment anyway so might as well give them a wash before putting it on.

Last edited:
Good afternoon everybody!

Lisa, your pics are wonderful. Beautiful family you've got there!

Grey Mare, scary that people bring sick chickens to a swap. Too bad your DD didn't didn't get to visit. Seems like a big step to bring the boyfriend home. Wonder if he's relieved to have a little reprieve.
lol.png

Been trying to get some things done around here. Failing, but trying! We had a new section of fence put in last week, and kept quite a lot of the old fence. The boards are mostly good and hubs wants to build another potting table to have down here by the house. So lots of pulling nails and stacking boards. We are also trying to figure a different way to cover the run on the big girl coop. Just throwing a tarp over is kind of clumsy and prone to pooling and leaks. Thinking of building a framework and throwing a tarp over that!
big_smile.png
I like to be able to open the run up to the sunshine occasionally to kill the cocci and other germies.

Also, I'm going to the doctor next week.
ep.gif
Shouldn't be a big deal, but I have only seen a doctor once since my #2son was born 14 yrs ago. You know how people are about the dentist, well that's me and doctors. My shoulder that I hurt a few months ago is getting worse, so I figure it's time to quit playing doctor and go see a professional. Hope I haven't caused permanent damage. Maybe he can help with my foot too. This is a sports medicine guy. Very knowledgeable about joints and how we mess them up! I will still have to force myself to go.
barnie.gif

Cooked butternut squash for supper. Dh asked if it was edible. I was offended til he reminded me of what I cooked last month. I cleaned out the pantry and made cornbread for the chickens using mealy worm cornmeal, year old oatmeal baby food, mashed potatoe flakes, instant rice. While it was cooling I went to the garden to pick peppers. Dh came home and made him a bowl of cornbread and buttermilk. He ate it before I came back in. I also baked it in dirty pan and stirred it with dirty spoon. He said it tasted good when I told him what he ate. It didn t make him sick. Guess that hot oven killed thr bacteria and meal worms.

Cooked butternut squash for supper. Dh asked if it was edible. I was offended til he reminded me of what I cooked last month. I cleaned out the pantry and made cornbread for the chickens using mealy worm cornmeal, year old oatmeal baby food, mashed potatoe flakes, instant rice. While it was cooling I went to the garden to pick peppers. Dh came home and made him a bowl of cornbread and buttermilk. He ate it before I came back in. I also baked it in dirty pan and stirred it with dirty spoon. He said it tasted good when I told him what he ate. It didn t make him sick. Guess that hot oven killed thr bacteria and meal worms.
lau.gif

That is classic!
Reminds me of the time my aunt was out here to visit a few years ago - we have a very, 'our house is your house' approach to her visits so she thought nothing of making herself some peanut butter toast one morning while I was showering. I came out to the kitchen, saw her eating her toast and then saw the peanut butter jar on the counter......it was the one I use for the dogs' kongs, and since I only use that jar for the dogs I never worry about letting them lick from the spoon, double dipping, etc so there is/was dog slobbers in the peanut butter still in the jar..........I couldn't bring myself to tell her, but I did hide that jar for the duration of her visit and made sure the "people peanut butter" was what was front and center where she'd find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom