grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    DH and I have cooked four meals in a row! We started last nice with a beautiful roast chicken. Look how pretty!

[​IMG]

DH made the chicken. :love I tried to roast cabbage "steaks" and they were a little raw, but ok otherwise.

Today we had eggs and sausage, then grilled cheese and tomato soup, and then wacky mac with marinara sauce. Really fancy fare. ;)

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure all "feather fixer" is the same. I researched the Nutrena Nature Wise instead of alfalfa supplement as nothing is green here by end of summer. I'd need to buy weeds. No pesticides, just replaces natural greens and stuff. Think I'll use that during a molt, but my cheapo layer w/ alfalfa and rolled oat is working for now. Thinking out loud...if we didn't want to pay top $$ for convenience, there must be something handy to add the oils and stuff? What say yee all?

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you stuff lemons up its butt ? do you eat them? thats a store bought chicken. Last time i put something up a chickens butt it was a can of beer. what else has people put in chickens butts I wonder..

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    canned mustard is cheep not as good as frozen

5. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i have 6 layers..my other 6 are only 4 months old..still have to wait awhile for them to start laying....i didn't get any eggs yesterday and only 1 today..but they are started to molt too..

6. Mutt Farm

That was absolutely amazing to me. Fascinating! I got 6 pages behind looking through it, saved the link. Thank you so much.

7. Mutt Farm

We have mustard weed here that grows abundant in the winter IF it rains, would that be the same?

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    member sally sunshine has a ton of great links under her name and she has some really good articles she wrote on hatching. your welcome.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    never heard it called a weed before. if its the same then yes, its good eating. [​IMG]

10. Mutt Farm

Beer Can Chicken! [​IMG]I had a customer send me Turduckin for Christmas. Turkey stuffed with a duck and a chicken. It was to die for!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by