grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Where's everybody? Must've had to much fun last night :weee

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Friday night, Red. They're all out living it up in the real world!

3. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I'm fine right here in my on little world lol. How about you camping?

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Had to take a break from surfing and make the boys some grub -- fried chicken for DS and chicken fried steak for DH and I, SO yummy!!!!

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That sounds good mare. I made some spaghetti and garlic bread.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Thank you for the tag on FB, @granny hatchet -- you are *such* an enabler......

7. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Evening everyone!
    I hear you Red on the heart attack thing. My dad was the only one of 4 brothers to make to his 60's and none of them even smoked or were more than a little overweight. No real comparison for the females in my family for me. Mom died of a brain tumor and she had no sisters. My Onc is watching me like a hawk because the stupid drugs have caused pericardial effusion twice. He's great tho and caught it before any real damage .

This is as exciting as my Friday nights get up here in the frozen north. Big excitement of the day was watching a pair of young deer chasing each other around our field this evening. That's ok because that's the way we like it. Had enough of the young and stupid in our day now we prefer peace and quiet of our little corner of the northwoods. Really glad we have our satellite tho. I would go crazy in the winter if I couldn't keep learning.

It's going to get down into the low 20's to high teens tonight so I had to get outside and harvest the last of the herb garden. There is just something so satisfying about gathering the last of herbs for the year. The cold numbing your hands, the smell of the thyme, sage, oregano, rosemary, terragon and the rest as you cut them, it just feels so fulfilling somehow. Now tomorrow first thing in the morning I will load up the dehydrators with the herbs then head outside and put my gardens to sleep for the winter. Oh, and get next year's crop of stiff neck garlic into the ground and covered with a thick blanket of hay so it has plenty of time to set roots before the ground freezes solid and it goes to sleep under the snow til spring.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    your welcome Ol mare !!! [​IMG] he is young, keep that in mind when looking at the "spots"
    chicki, just reading your post was relaxing. you would make a great poet ! I felt like I was there with you.
    I made Black maran noodle soup for dinner. didnt taste any different then my $4.00 mixed noodle .

9. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

10. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Yep - it's so hard to really guess how they'll turn out, but he looks pretty decent just in the frontal view so far so I have hope. Be interesting to see just how much white is in his tail with a better view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by