grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Twist you and I think exactly the the same on so many subjects......

The first thing I think about when I see dreadlocks is nasty nasty lamb tails! The next thought? There is something seriously wrong with a person that wants to have hair that long that cannot be combed. Just plain something. Seriously wrong. . . . I can't help but think there might be BUGS in there! How the HELL would you ever get them out? Cans of RAID maybe........

YUCK YUCK YUCK

2. enola

Wow! What gorgeous hens. It would be a cold day in hell before someone would cause me to sell my flock...... Oh, I just remembered, I am single......

However if this transfer actually happens, I may have to sell off my flock. [​IMG]

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning all ! had some catching up to do. Glad your back Enola [​IMG] shingles ! you win. enola got the chicken pox [​IMG]
    Mutt, thank you for thinking of me with Twist but I cant afford all that and no one else can either . flying dogs is very expensive . ok I am picturing a dog with wings now. LOL Red, you have 10 now !!!

4. enola

Fermented feed really does cut down on feed costs. Trust me. If you feed it out of a feeder that they can't scratch feed out of, you can mix scratch feed with it and REALLY save on feed costs. My egg production actually increased, that will help make hubby happy. Putting a light over them at the same time you start feeding them FF, will make your husband think you are a genius! (getting rid of your oldest hens might also help.)

And sorry to say, selling the nonlaying eye candy will also make him smile....) **creeping away to find a chair to hide under....**

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I need to bite the bullet on ff and just try it. I did switch to a cheaper feed, for now. Most of my hens just turned 1, I think there are only two that are 2+, and they're my sussex.

Edit to add: I haven't sold any yet. They're all still with me. :celebrate

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  6. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Anyone close to us granny? Wad it wishing or camping? One of them were on our heels I thought.

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Love you too pearl. See you tonight.

8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I didnt go through them all. 10 pages now. LOL

9. enola

Granny and I are sisters...... She says so..... Her life sounds like mine!

Did I ever tell you guys the story about a horse, a wire fence and my (then) son in law??

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    well to be fair I think we'd all get a bit distracted if someone decided to assist in the moment :lau
    Having seen the pics I can't imagine being able to resist that boy, twist, deposit or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by