grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww red, that is horrible ~ so sorry. Since I gotten Silkies I have switched to quail waterers that screw on a jar. When they aren't tippys I switch to the regular chick waters. Wasn't fond of always having to fish marbles out of poopy, shaving filled water.
Thanks chicken lady. I'm taking yalls advice.
Your welcome Red, sorry you had to experience that
1f622.png

@rIrs roost -- I am so sorry. As has been suggested, placing some marbles or stones in the water "tray" as well as raising the entire thing up to where the lip is at chest height (and continue to raise as they grow) can help with this (raising it has the added advantage of helping to keep the water from being filled with bedding). They do have a tendency to fall asleep at the drop of a hat in the first week or two and often do so standing up and fall over, so that may be what happened here.
Another option would be to use a nipple water system in your brooder.

shes in a good place for drs. if it was the flu it would take a while to get over and to me it sounds like each time she went in she was just a little better ? aka no diarrhea ?

Red, I am sorry for your loss.

How old was your Silkie?

Yes, Red, as I say over and over, there is never a dull moment in my life. Just one crisis after another it seems.....

I am hoping to move to PA. My daughter and I are looking for a place for us to move to. I can't stand being away from my family for another year......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom