grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Handsome Rooster Contest! *Prize* (Ends December 15)

Sorry granny, your post wasn't there. Not in your timeline either. Don't you hate it when you forget to hit SUBMIT?
roll.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/938957/most-handsome-rooster-contest-prize-ends-december-15

Last edited:
Most Handsome Rooster Contest! *Prize* (Ends December 15)

Sorry granny, your post wasn't there. Not in your timeline either. Don't you hate it when you forget to hit SUBMIT? :rolleyes: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/938957/most-handsome-rooster-contest-prize-ends-december-15
EDIT: it is different. This one has a February deadline. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...painting-of-the-winning-rooster#post_14428384 I saw her post! Maybe it's a different contest? I entered, granny. :D

Last edited:
Thanks campingshaws! I didn't see that one. Plenty of time if the deadline is February. And granny's pic of Spaz is in there. Not sure why I missed it in her timeline. Poor old brain of mine. Can't ask too much of it so early in the morning!
tongue.png

Don't you hate it when your brain fails?
lol.png

Last edited:
LOL, little confusion there i guess. I didnt know there were 2 of them . glad u entered. hate to win without any competition !
gig.gif
kidding of course. I think she meant living roosters.

Campinshaws, someone likes your roo all ready . its a beautiful picture. bet he would be fun to paint too ! I havent ever tried my hand at roosters before . maybe i will have my things brought in the house and give it a go. I do charcoal , colored chalk. lol still a kid at heart. Its been a long time. hand is probably not steady now. you do loose your touch if you take too long of a break. I did anyway. I have stopped and restarted a couple times. need a room without carpet and dont care what color your walls are with plenty ventilation for the fixative too. MRSC, must have ate too much turkey. havent heard from her since thanksgiving. actually havent heard from a few people since then.
sad.png
My son and his friend got some grocery shopping done today. nothing for Christmas dinner though. I want to try and do that myself. I remember one yr. buying a little ham that was presliced . It was probably about 6 inces long . I baked it like i would a regular ham then sandwiches for a couple days and it was done. I may do that again but i keep thinking about soup beans and thats sounds good too. bought a corned beef today and my son said"why dont you just fix that for Christmas dinner" ? I didnt get any turkey, i am not doing without some ham !! my tree looks so pretty i havent even put and decorations on it. just the lights and the star. it has pine cones and twigs and berries built in. I have so many decorations for inside and out including the whole nativity set.those big plastic figures. the lamb, wise men, other barn animals. big blue lights and stars. hooks in the gutters all ready in place. this will be the first yr. I havent raised my electric bill by 100 dollars. hehee didnt even do the mantle

Thanks granny! He's such a sweet man. Today I was out in the yard and found a grub, so I tossed it to him. He held it in his beak and called until a hen came over, and he gave it to her. First time I've seen him do that; a month ago he would've gobbled it up. So grown!

I haven't dragged a single thing down from the attic. Every day I think "This is it!" and then I don't. This weekend I'm going to a friend's house to help him process his meat birds, so no decorating then either.

ooh, I cant stand them things. they gross me out. tell you how far gone i am, I planted some Kataba trees one right next to the coop. 2nd yr. in the ground and they all ready have the kataba worms on them. I planted them for the chickens. LOL they are really good to fish with too if you can stand it. I have fished with them but i didnt prepare them. and that means pinching the head off, using a stick and turn it underside out.
sickbyc.gif
there aint a fish made that wont bite them . I take the water hose and knock them off then let the chickens have at them. very nice Blooming shade trees . they get a long green bean type thing on them after bloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom