grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.

I took this picture of my sussex hens earlier, and now I feel like I should do a caption contest. I know there's a funny thing to say, I just can't think of it. They were exactly like little gossips, and one would poke her head up now and then to look around.

there is a place here to submit your pics for the funny caption contest. with that being said, what the world is that thing on the side of them. it looks like a little robot prince charming holding a moccasin and they are the sisters saying, its mine ! no, its mine ! ok, no coffee yet. morning all

there is a place here to submit your pics for the funny caption contest.  with that being said, what the world is that thing on the side of them. it looks like a little robot prince charming holding a moccasin and they are the sisters saying, its mine ! no, its mine !  ok, no coffee yet.  morning all 

That's my oyster shell dispenser! :D

Made tuna noodle casserole today.
sickbyc.gif
must have forgot something. tuna, noodles, cream of shroom soup, a little shredded cheese and cracker crumbs on top. oh, and a can of peas.

I took this picture of my sussex hens earlier, and now I feel like I should do a caption contest. I know there's a funny thing to say, I just can't think of it. They were exactly like little gossips, and one would poke her head up now and then to look around.
I am giving fred an egg for Christmas, oh ya, well I am giving him a double yolker. what are you giving henreatta? me,? I am giving him 12 more mouths to feed.

I got the brooders cleaned out . yuck !! how can something so little make such a mess ? I was getting 5 eggs a day and then 6 so i gave them away . today i got 4 and i tossed 2 of them to the cats. dirty. one of them lays on the floor. They seem to be wanting more then i am giving them. Froze my hands today picking grass. they seem to really crave it. I tried the frozen greens, they didnt seem to care for that. a head of cabbage disappeared in half a day. was going to bake a cake today so i sent Tom outside to squeeze one more egg out of a hen. he asked me which one ? so i told him the one that hadnt laid yet.
cool.png
Guess he didnt want any cake.

I guess all my fussing worked, I got a polish egg today ! unfortunately with all the rain i dont think it will be something i will be putting in the incubator. like i am doing so good with that anyway. my dinner made me sick.
tongue.gif
. the tuna thing. I dont know how, every thing was canned and bought new. still paying for it. Hope every one is having a great Sunday. Hope to go shopping tomorrow. think i will buy my boy a bunch of beef jerky. he loves it. LOL funny Christmas present i know but he keeps telling me he dont need anything. he does need a light for his ceiling fan or replace the whole thing. seems to be easier but my shoulder is not getting better.

Back just got done cleaning up the "blizzard" in the kitchen wasn't thinking when mixing cookies and forgot powdered sugar is like flour when you mixer is on medium or high. Batter is now in fridge cooling. Got my 14 batched of homemade caramels done and another 23 dozen cookies. Done with the candy part and about 1/3 done with cookies. Running out of time if I want to mail them. Granny a pizzelle is made on the krumkake iron but the recipe is a little different and the "cookie" stays flat. They are quite delicate and do not ship unless you want crumbs. Krumkake is like an Italian canole only not deep fried or baked in oven and much more delicate. Poor Lu (dog) she is nothing but a stomach with 4 legs right now and seems to be "dying of the hungries"

I forget who asked why so much the reason is I run a motel and have apartments here as well , I figure if they are going to drop 10 to 15 grand a year here in rent the least I can do is give them some goodies for Christmas, Seems more personal then a gift card. Call me old fashioned. Also family and friends' get goodies as part or all of their Chirstmas gift. Even friend's who don't listen to their doctor and do as their are told. Sound like anyone we all know????? My nephew and a friend of his cleaned the chicken coop yesterday guess the girls were quite eggcited about the clean digs. Had them put stall fresh down first, sure seems to make a difference on odor control. Well off to the kitchen I go. Hope everyone has a great day.

lau.gif
celebrate.gif
I wuv you too twist. no nuts ! LOL I am doing great with my foot. was trying to show Tom the best time to take the beaters out so it knocks off the batter without making a mess. he missed a step. hahaaa. aww, I dont know why i am laughing, I had to clean it up. Poor Lu, She must be close to time. wish you could find someone to do the pictures. I get lucky once in a while and my friend will do them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom