grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Me too. Kept 2 in my classroom. My favorite was Teasel. She was super sweet and would come to her name, like a little dog. Watched her being born (in the science classroom across from mine) and she died in my hands almost 5 years later.

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Maple glazed Long John

3. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Is that the same one that peed on the electric fence? I won't use a choke chain at all. Just MO. I've seen to many damaged tracheas and hung dogs with them. I've seen them fall right off when loose too. I use a chain martingale though, same premise, but it only tightens so far and can't fall off. I'll use a remote trainer too (E-collar) to reinforce off lead what they have already learned on lead. I train some ranch dogs that will rarely be on a leash. E collar is what I use for boundary training, livestock aversion and COME from anywhere.

OMG YEs same idiot Worse part is watch him and his boy see who got the biggest pair by holding the collar and letting the other "punch the button" They start at level 1 and work their way up. Sort of like playing chicken or bloodly knuckles only with electricity. Evidently it happens in the "best of family's and they breed [​IMG]

4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I will be bouncing in and out working on processing a bunch of pumpkins. Have a 5 gallon bucket filled with guts and baked skins and a couple chopped up Orange on the outside and Green ring on the inside.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

1 horse, 1 corn snake, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 3 roosters, 10 hens, 2 guineas, 1 Mike

And me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  6. enola

I saw a t-shirt that said -- Of course I talk to myself, I am the only one that listens to me!

1 person likes this.
  7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I'm not scared of them. I'd just rather play in septic tank. Well maybe not but close lol.

8. enola

That's how I quit smoking !!

9. enola

You are SO bad!

10. enola

Same here! But, I wear socks...... I hate clothes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by