grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Nvm, I figured it out! :celebrate

2. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Ok NOW I've figured it out. :lau

3. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I won't fuss at all. When used properly, and properly fitted they are a useful tool. I detest a leash pulling dog. So many have learned to pull. I use them occasionally in re-training training and for clients that have limited strength and big dogs and for thick coated dogs. They provide very nice control.

[​IMG] Is that the same one that peed on the electric fence? I won't use a choke chain at all. Just MO. I've seen to many damaged tracheas and hung dogs with them. I've seen them fall right off when loose too. I use a chain martingale though, same premise, but it only tightens so far and can't fall off. I'll use a remote trainer too (E-collar) to reinforce off lead what they have already learned on lead. I train some ranch dogs that will rarely be on a leash. E collar is what I use for boundary training, livestock aversion and COME from anywhere.

You mentioned the dirty looks with a prong collar. I'll attach a picture of the ones I have made for me.

Yeppers. I agree.
    Prong training collar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chain martingale or limited slip collar below
    [​IMG]
    Posted these pics cause I thought they might be helpful, not to seem like a know-it all.

4. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG! I hate those things! I'da flipped! Would have been funny to watch though...[​IMG]

[​IMG] It was rubbing on your leg? [​IMG]

Filled with custard we called them eclairs. Nummers.

That was too funny!!!
    I too have a possum story. I use 55gal plastic barrels for horse water. I had a cleaning routine. Clean a stall, dump the water, scrub the bucket with a sponge. Throw the sponge over the fence into the next water bucket. Getting dark, I go to stall 2, reach in to grab the sponge, pulled out a bloated decaying possum!!! [​IMG] It kinda melted on my hand! I screamed so loud, pitched the rotten thing, it splattered everywhere. I couldn't get the stink off my hand. BARF!

5. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I use choke chains to hang feeders and waterers. :lol: I use a martingale leash for Jewel (the weimrador). She has a weim coat and is very sensitive, and her dumb head is small so regular collars slip right off if she's on a leash. Her collar basically functions just to hold her tags. Anyway, LOVE the martingale. I'm going to get one for Ben since apparently he's "my" dog now. :lau

6. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks camping. I saved it again. Now I gotta figure out where I puts it in my phone. That could take me a lifetime :lau

7. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Eclairs here.

I'm 5-1 and was about 100 lbs when I bought it. My prong collar is an all chain martingale type. It was great for St Bernards. I don't have a lot of use for it right now with an eskie. Lol

I think it's great I can sit back and let you do the dog questions.

I had a pet possom. I called it Frosty O. Possum. Remember the cereal called Frosty Os? I was a kid. I have a picture of it in a doll highchair. It was full grown too.

8. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Newfie please forgive me but how in the world did you look at the thing?

9. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I had pet rats too. The tails are the same. Lol

They look a lot better dressed in doll clothes. Lol

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Ulgh. Not usually squeamish, but that would have given me a complex. No more sponges, no more buckets, no more reaching into dark water... shudder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by