grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy a good bike from a good bike shop. Double wall rims and good tires. I'm around 300 lbs with 50 lbs of gear touring England. I was troubled by broken spokes. A retired bike engineer told me to put small washers under the head of my spokes. Problem solved. This moves the shoulder of the spoke closer to the hub and supports the bend. Get wheels with more spokes if you can find them. Like off a tandem bike 36 vs 32. High tire pressures will add life to your tires. I think it is the the fault of the Pubs but after three 6 month cycle trips to the UK I'm in much better shape but haven't lost much weight. But, it is a fun life.

eems like 300 lbs is the limit depending on how many spokes are in the wheel. 36 spokes is what they are talking about here.

I"M DONE
celebrate.gif
ended up with a pumpkin total of endout for 28 pies and 28 cups of plain pumpkin for breads or bars or cake. Labeled and in freezer in garage. Friday's is in the baking and vegie freezer in basement. next to bedroom. All the dishes and pans got a good scrub. Kitchen cleaned up.

Red how about drill a hole thru 2 legs , running axel thru and them maybe a couple of those car donut spares for tires, should roll good. but turning might be a *****.

Buy a good bike from a good bike shop. Double wall rims and good tires. I'm around 300 lbs with 50 lbs of gear touring England. I was troubled by broken spokes. A retired bike engineer told me to put small washers under the head of my spokes. Problem solved. This moves the shoulder of the spoke closer to the hub and supports the bend. Get wheels with more spokes if you can find them. Like off a tandem bike 36 vs 32. High tire pressures will add life to your tires. I think it is the the fault of the Pubs but after three 6 month cycle trips to the UK I'm in much better shape but haven't lost much weight. But, it is a fun life.

eems like 300 lbs is the limit depending on how many spokes are in the wheel. 36 spokes is what they are talking about here.
Thanks for that information granny. Maybe I can find some that no one wants. Sure is tough with no cash flow. Gotta work with what I got . May but a little here and there if pearls good to me lol. I've been trying to be a good roo. :lau

Granny glad you got your shrubs planted did you put them by the chicken coops/runs like you thought you wanted?? So that means next spring you get to start trimming you bush es??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom