grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    nasty woman

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Pullets enjoying my unfinished fence. I'll be starting on it again soon.

[​IMG]

We're back to ZERO days since Ben got a chicken. He actually came back to me with a mouthful of feathers. :barnie I know he thinks he's doing his job, poor guy. That's the hardest part. He doesn't understand why I'm so mad. :hit

Pullet is ok. I saw her standing at the corner of the house, but she went back into the azalea. I think she'll come back inside the fence in a minute.

3. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Thanks y'all. I'm still not sure what I did. I'll try to get to the doc next week if it's not improved. Every time any asks something or makes a suggestion I say "after Halloween." Nov. 1st is going to be the best day of my year. :lol:

4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    So call and make the appointment now. If it gets better, you can cancel. If it still hurys, you won't have to wait so long. Lol

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    love the fence camping . no nails required ?
    I will be gone most the day tomorrow for dh stress test.
    i got the statues painted to match for the shrub bed . sea birds. mostly white and a boy holding grapes and a seashell. he is propped on a log. its a fountain . they are all heavy cement. not sure what i should use , mulch or rock ? it butts up to the run and i have fabric under to kill the weeds . I think mulch (like it better) will attract the cats and rock will spill into the coop. plus rock is more money , dont go as far and heavy to carry. also wondering if i will be able to even find some come pay day. I hope i dont have to wait for spring . that will be hard on me and the shrubs. I have a picture on FB but cant bring it over

6. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Thanks! No nails. Did it all with a shovel and a hatchet.

Can you get pine straw? That's what we mulch with. Sometimes I see bales advertised.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    if i was able i could go rake the cemetery . thats the only place i can think where there is a ton . I have a lot of pines but except for one they are 4-6 ft. tall. Cats wouldnt want to mess in there huh?

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Thanks! No nails. Did it all with a shovel and a hatchet.

hatchet will pull my shoulder muscle every time and it takes weeks to get better. IF its not getting worse That would be my guess but as time goes by you should notice just a slight better in it.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    If it refuses to raise up not because of pain but it just wont go it could be dislocated . look in the mirror naked, relax, is one higher then the other ?

10. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

My cat goes in the sandy spots outside. I can't imagine a cat would like pine straw, though.

I have full range of motion when I'm not holding something. But putting dishes away, or carrying grocery sacks, or pushing up off the sofa are all really difficult.

I lost the hatchet quote, but you could do it with loppers. Or maybe get trimmings from someone who landscapes? I just chopped all the little sucker trees I could. I had MASSIVE blisters, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by