grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time doing pumpkin with the sugar pie type of pumpkin I noticed that the meat/flesh was stringy like a spaghetti squash but mashed nicely when ran thru the food mill, I don't own a food processor.

so went to farm today. Got a little done before it started to rain. Came back into town ran to Runnings picked up grit, oyster shell, another pan heater for waters, timers, stock tank heater for the yak water tank, then home washed (those that needed it) and sorted 3 days worth of eggs. Got chilled and wet feet at farm and can't get warm. So I had missed turning on 1 boiler (which heats 4 rooms) ran down and turned it on yeaturday. Put guy in one of the rooms last night they informed me this am no heat in room. Ran back to check boiler working fine BUT had forgot to turn on the recirculating pumps that move the hot water to the radiators.
he.gif
he.gif
Norwegian of me.

Camping did you get the idea for your woven fence from watch life below zero, Kate and Andy did one similar around their garden. I can't remember the fancy word for it, but pretty sure York will know since that type of fence is big over there.
HAY! I completely forgot!!! I have TWO brand new pond/stock tank de-icers! I bought them as pond warmers so my algae eaters didn't get too cold. They weren't heaters, only come on at freezing. Can anyone use them?

Well, I gone and did something today! My breeder friend with the Labradors, the bloodlines that make such great service dogs, had to take back 2 of her dogs. Lady had bought 1 to show, one as a pet. Totally dropped the ball on them. 15 mos old, no training at all, never even been on a leash. Now she's moving and can't take the dogs. It happens sometimes. Someone gets a dog with the best of intentions, then realizes their plan didn't work. Poor pups did nothing wrong. I had a look at them today and brought them home! A few months of training, neutering and I'll be able to provide two more service dogs and a great life for them!
celebrate.gif

I took a GSD in for training too! For a 6 year old precious little autistic girl. This little girl is a hot mess! Cute as the dickens and takes off like a streak faster than her parents can give chase! She can't understand this world. Riley will learn to tether to the child to give Kira freedom to roam, and will learn to grab a handle on Kira's harness when she bolts. She will learn to not let a stranger approach. Her parents are absolutely amazing. Here's a pic of Riley.
You can teach Riley to do all that on her own? Parents don't have to give commands? You are working miracles, I think.
bow.gif
Bet the little girl's parents will think the same way.
Riley looks beautiful. What a lovely expression she has.

I think the labs will be happy having some work to do!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom