grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are great, thanks for asking. The flock I have is so easy about integrations is almost scary. ...a little shake up of the pecking o order and everyone goes about their business. The barred rocks are floor layers, so we'll have to work on that. ...the pen they were in previously had no nest boxes and they are the least confident in the group so no surprise they are opting for the floor. ....just have to remember to watch where we step, lol. I have left the flock of the last two evenings and the new girls are staying with the flock and have been pretty easy to get back in at round up time, so they are settled in I think. Plan to spend some time making friends this weekend, they are definitely all on the wild side. So far no sign of sickness, knock on wood. Find myself itching to try hatching, lol, may not make it to spring......

No docs in the bank box, but I called the office and they said come anyway. :celebrate
so glad they are going to see you anyway. Fastest way to find the list papers is to go through all the hassle of sending of for new ones (speaking from experience, lol, went to put new one away and there was the original right where it was supposed to be but was NOT when I was looking for it)

They are great, thanks for asking. The flock I have is so easy about integrations is almost scary. ...a little shake up of the pecking o order and everyone goes about their business. The barred rocks are floor layers, so we'll have to work on that. ...the pen they were in previously had no nest boxes and they are the least confident in the group so no surprise they are opting for the floor. ....just have to remember to watch where we step, lol. I have left the flock of the last two evenings and the new girls are staying with the flock and have been pretty easy to get back in at round up time, so they are settled in I think. Plan to spend some time making friends this weekend, they are definitely all on the wild side. So far no sign of sickness, knock on wood. Find myself itching to try hatching, lol, may not make it to spring......

That's great you have a flock that's easy about integrations, wish my polish were more accommodating about it!! Wired little things they can be about a new pecking order.

You have the itch, that means you won't make it to spring!! Once it starts there is no amount of scratching that will stop it :gig

Last edited:
Why does everyone want to shake my hand ? ouch ! preacher man just about made me piss myself. went and got DD a few more grocerys. Not much. not really worth the drive . 45 min. one way but I guess its just a little gas. right ? then i will have to take it to them and thats another 1 hr. one way. 2 pks. hot dogs, one roll turkey, a few cans and some bread. It will make them a meal anyway. I truly dislike doing this but he called and wanted to meet .
wouldnt even carry to the car .

You have the itch, that means you won't make it to spring!! Once it starts there is no amount of scratching that will stop it
gig.gif

Edited by Yorkshire coop - Today at 7:40 am

wonder if thats true for everything ?
sad.png

43 this am. 3 week chicks made it without heat or light last night. They love the fermented chick starter. Moved fence charger to pullet coop. Need smaller voltage bulb. May have to buy extention cords anyway. Dont guess anyone knows about electric fence chargers. Mare i have a cat named zeva.

I'm not sure granny, I don't think so :idunno

Isn't that just always the case, folk wanting to shake your hand when your in pain!! I take it that it's not any better?
That's a fair old trek to take them a few bits, are they still without transport?

Will be back in 10 Charlie has just dashed in to inform me he needs to go get pumpkins for tomorrow. As ever he's not organised!!
He's going out for Halloween to a friends this year, first time without him at home for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom