grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great Mare, my girls loved being able to get back in the thick woods too until the bobcat attacks. Now they have to stay home
1f622.png

That would definitely put a damper on things, to say the least.  We have been fortunate and not had any serious predator issues even with having these woods right out back of the coop - thought today they had a close call with a band of rogue chipmunks, lol. 
Right after we had to go into lock down, then the hawks started to attack. Chicken run has avairy net now as well. Feels like Fort Knox around here.

Last edited:
Wishing I have had a bunch of those half bald birds too, but I cheated. I rehomed a bunch of them making room for next years layers :lau

Yep - out of 25 birds in the flock at the moment only 8 are over 8 months old -- the ones that went last week were all looking pretty, um, disheveled.
Ha ha, I rehomed 15 of those over a 2 week period :gig

Last edited:
My girls (and the noodlehead) are currently on lockdown during the day right now too. The big girls have been getting into the landlords garden (dammit girls you're crossing the sea of stone whyyyyy) and the nuggets have just been a pain in the butt to tuck in at night...bloody sparkles is a troublemaker....add that with me having to mind the mil's birds at her place too so if I wait to tuck mine in it can be a bit later...sigh.

The big girls, no big. Call em throw scratch in the run and in they go. The noodlehead sometimes will join in at this time but usually just hangs out outside with sparkles (sparkles I have to bribe with hand fed scratch and then pick her up and dump her in there lol)....and then good luck catching the noodlehead...

Ok, who wants to see pictures?? Ha Ha, even if you don't your gunna
lau.gif

The kids having fun in the pine needles. I figured if they can't free range anymore, that I would bring the tree to them. Coop on the left is our very first coop hubby & I built Jan 2013. And I mean built in Jan. It was 9 degrees most of the days with wind chills in the negatives. Other than the cedar shakes the coop was made of all repurposed materials. It has the most beautiful ash floor in it from a log we had milled into lumber over 20 years ago. We now use this coop as a brooder coop & for young ones. The coop on the right hubby & I built this spring for our granddaughters Silkies. Most of the framing & inside materials are repurposed. The T11 siding & the steel roof were new material.

you did a great job on the coops and chickens look healthy and happy..

its a little too quiet today. Tippy, is today your birthday ? how old ? 100 ? hahaa Did i hear you say you were single ?

My pole barn was stinking pretty bad today. I already moved the 3 babies to the polish coop. they are doing good out there. anyway, I carried their cage out and the wooden base . 2 of them and have hurt my back. Just a muscle. probably be better tomorrow .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom