grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time mamas give up sometimes.  not weird at all. if the other hisses at you when you put your hand close to her she maybe broody. if she yells and jumps down she is up there for a different reason. being picked on, dont feel well , ect...  If she is broody I would take a few eggs away from her. if there is too many the hatch rate will suffer.
How many can a small leg horn hatch? She made funny noise at me and didn't want to get up.

that would be a hard call with out seeing her and the eggs. make sure none are visible when she is sitting.
Thanks granny. I'll so that. Gosh I hope she ain't sick. I just looked again and she's still sitting. How can I tell if she's sick while she's sitting.? I can't hear good but pearl says that she don't sound stop up.

If I was lucky enough to win the lottery or something and paid for all of y'all to come see me, would y'all? Just curious. You never know. It could happen.

I was just reading, the will go broody so no worries there . Maybe check her breast and see if she is thinning there. I would wait a day or so as to not interrupt her though.

Six is a good number for a first time mom. I would give her six fresh eggs and get rid of the 17. And I would isolate her, so no one else lays in her nest. My broodies always puff up like tom turkeys and make a screeching dinosaur noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom