grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks wishing. Never heard that expression before. I'm doing good. Got my broody move tonight. Moved the nest with her in it. Got a question. Tomorrow when I let them free range, do you think she go back to the dog kennel that I put her in? Or will I have to put her back in myself? I put the kennel right next to the coop. Would've liked to have put the kennel inside the coop but it's to big.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I let both of mine have their chicks. I find it so much easier than incubating. Its funny because my Silkie broody mama decided about a week to week & a half ago that she was done being a mama for the most part. So the other 2 females that are 5 months old are now being surrogate moms to the 5-7&8 week old chicks [​IMG]

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    she shouldnt be interested in free ranging .

4. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Ya'll have no idea how much this fills my heart. No idea.

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    before I took out some of the eggs because she had to many, I noticed when I went out to do it, she had already moved five eggs out of the cluck. Guess she was smarter then me and knew there was to many or somehow those weren't fertile.

6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Red I would wait & only let her out by herself. Early broodys can lose their focus easy with other birds around. I would just focus on pottying her once a day, by herself IMO

7. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I'm sure they gave you exercises for your carpeltunnel? From what I hear, Jerkins lotion can cure those dish pan hands. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    She free ranged today about thirty minutes but stayed within 20 yards of the eggs while the others went to the front yard. I hope this isn't a bad sign?

9. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Danna, have you ever tried a nettie pot? They feel strange bur work wonders for sinuses.

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    im not sure but i think 30 min. is a long time. cant go by me though. anyone ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by