grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I /we got a nice surprise in the mail today. $100. bill with instructions to share half w/ DD. Toms daughter. I called her to fuss. asked her why ? she said your money is tight and its your anniversary coming go eat . So, I am going to spend it on chicken stuff !! hahaaa

celebrate.gif
You deserve it!!! Yay!!!
Aww that was very sweet of her, the Lord provides in mysterious ways. You gave when you didn't have it to give, so you were blessed with this
hugs.gif
And there you have it.

Doing good.  How about you?

Prey tell means tell me more.
Thanks wishing. Never heard that expression before. I'm doing good. Got my broody move tonight. Moved the nest with her in it. Got a question. Tomorrow when I let them free range, do you think she go back to the dog kennel that I put her in? Or will I have to put her back in myself? I put the kennel right next to the coop. Would've liked to have put the kennel inside the coop but it's to big.

Last edited:
My experience with my 2 broodys is they hatched on day 20.
Thanks Lisa. Did you let her do all the work after hatching or did you take over? I think I'm going to let her do it if she seems to be a good mom. Ofcouse if she continues to stick with it and don't decide to stop sitting.
I let both of mine have their chicks. I find it so much easier than incubating. Its funny because my Silkie broody mama decided about a week to week & a half ago that she was done being a mama for the most part. So the other 2 females that are 5 months old are now being surrogate moms to the 5-7&8 week old chicks
1f602.png

Thanks wishing. Never heard that expression before. I'm doing good. Got my broody move tonight. Moved the nest with her in it. Got a question. Tomorrow when I let them free range, do you think she go back to the dog kennel that I put her in? Or will I have to put her back in myself? I put the kennel right next to the coop. Would've liked to have put the kennel inside the coop but it's to big.

she shouldnt be interested in free ranging .

All but 8 years of my life. DH used to say I didn't have an accent, but it's grown back. I know lots of authentic French Cajuns and their accents are the best.
Letting her do all the work is the best part!

She may sit a day or two after the last chick hatches, just in case there are late hatchers. They seem to know if the eggs won't hatch. My most recent broody hopped off the nest with three eggs left, about a day after the last one hatched. All three were duds.
before I took out some of the eggs because she had to many, I noticed when I went out to do it, she had already moved five eggs out of the cluck. Guess she was smarter then me and knew there was to many or somehow those weren't fertile.

Doing good.  How about you?

Prey tell means tell me more.
Red I would wait & only let her out by herself. Early broodys can lose their focus easy with other birds around. I would just focus on pottying her once a day, by herself IMO

my sinus has killed me the last two days.my heads plugged up and today my ear is hurting.i'm taking sinus meds doesn;t help much..but good news my pullets are 21 weeks old and today my barred rock thelma laid her first egg a beautiful brown one...
Danna, have you ever tried a nettie pot? They feel strange bur work wonders for sinuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom