grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Well I've cleaned the kitchen (dirty dishes now contained to the sinks!) and shampooed the carpet in the guest room. Only two things* left on the list: master bathroom and front porch. I'm going to save the porch for when DD gets home.

*note: this was not a full or complete list. I would still be writing the full list. This was just a jump start.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi Kathy, how's kitty doing?

3. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Chicken Obsessed

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama

My DH has already had both lens in eyes replaced and neuropathy so bad he had to go to neurologist to get large enough dose of meds to be able to keep working. He knows the consequences of eating honey buns and drinking coke. My daughters say let him eat what he wants but who is going to be here taking care of him? Jane

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

5. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Sounds good to me lol. Its funny Camping you have a Sussex name pigeon & I have an Icelandic that is named crow, the hen looks like a crow, even in size. We thought it was a he for a very long time. She laid her first egg last week. She is all black except for her comb, a small white spot on her tail & she has the brightest yellow color on the bottoms of her feet. Legs & top of her feet are black. Crazy bird, she would always fly out of the pen and roost up in a pine tree close to the coops. That is until a hawk attacked her, snatched her right off the ground. My daughter happened to be outside her apartment & saw it happen. She went running after the hawk & it dropped Crow. The aviary net that my dd had bought when I first got my birds was put up the very next day. Its amazing how fast things happen when its Hubby's favorite bird :lau

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  6. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

:lau I know! Pigeon was born with a neck deformity and spent her early months as "Pisa" because she leaned to the right. All of my sussex have "E" names but Pigeon looks like a no-neck linebacker with gangly legs. And she makes sweet little sounds at me. "Pigeon" reminds me of Lady & the Tramp.

7. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    That's great Kathy, continued prayers for further healing :hugs

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Aww that's sweet [​IMG]

9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Thanks.

-kathy

10. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    [​IMG] Camping, the bird that is in the front in this picture is a creation that a breeder friend mixed up. He is a cross of a Speckled Sussex Hen and a Buckeye X Barred Rock Roo. She calls them a Crele Sussex. They are huge gentle things, he doesn't like to be handled, but he has never been aggressive in the least bit. Good thing or he would have went to freezer camp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by