1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sorry for posting a book y'all. Just had to get it off my chest.

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

What you said about you and cabinet making and not being able to work and how badly it affected you. Linda too. It is a life shattering event. Quite hard to redefine yourself in middle age, toss out your plans and dreams and start over. I want to say a little more. but I type slow, so I'll type some more and if you're still awake?

3. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks mutt. It really does a job on you mentally.

4. Mutt Farm

She's quite the character. She went to work with me every day at the animal shelter, even had a little shirt that said Staff.

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Lol that's funny. You don't happen to have a pic of her in that shirt do you?

6. Mutt Farm

I know Red. I was in the prime of my career when the recession hit. One day, I'm a high paid shelter supervisor with over 600 animals in my care, 17 employees. The City went bust. They laid off 40%. I made it through the first couple lay-offs, lost 2/3 of my staff, then they eliminated my position. POOF. I'm unemployed and worthless. No purpose. Then the PTSD, panic attacks and BAD depression hit. And the blood clots in my legs. And I'm near 50, trying to compete for a job?
    I post a lot about my volunteer work. That keeps me from checking out. I do have a purpose and something to give and SO DO YOU! I know the pain is excruciating. I don't understand why they haven't sent you to Pain Management. You have so very much talent and kindness and wisdom you could share with forgotten children, Veterans, old folks. You are so well spoken and able to express your feelings. Would you enjoy that?

2 people like this.
  7. Mutt Farm

I probably have 1000 pics of her, but none in the shirt. Here's one of my favorite pics. About 6 years ago

[​IMG]

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I think I would mutt. They've sent me to rehab. For my back but it didn't help. They said the only thing left was a pain clinic. So that's where I go now. I hate taking all the meds that they have me on. And I admit that I Sony take as much as they tell me too. If I did, I'd probably be dead by know from liver failure. The meds help some but not really. When I finally get a little relief I start to do something and two minutes later the pains back. Meds just help if I'm not doing anything.

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Oh that's a beautiful dog mutt!

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sorry to hear about your former job and having to compete for another job. The age is the only thing that would hold you back. They say no discrimination but that's not true. I'll pray that you'll get it or something else that you love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by