grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Red. I was in the prime of my career when the recession hit. One day, I'm a high paid shelter supervisor with over 600 animals in my care, 17 employees. The City went bust. They laid off 40%. I made it through the first couple lay-offs, lost 2/3 of my staff, then they eliminated my position. POOF. I'm unemployed and worthless. No purpose. Then the PTSD, panic attacks and BAD depression hit. And the blood clots in my legs. And I'm near 50, trying to compete for a job? 
I post a lot about my volunteer work. That keeps me from checking out. I do have a purpose and something to give and SO DO YOU! I know the pain is excruciating. I don't understand why they haven't sent you to Pain Management. You have so very much talent and kindness and wisdom you could share with forgotten children, Veterans, old folks. You are so well spoken and able to express your feelings.  Would you enjoy that? 
Sorry to hear about your former job and having to compete for another job. The age is the only thing that would hold you back. They say no discrimination but that's not true. I'll pray that you'll get it or something else that you love.

Mutt I'm going to try to go to bed now. It's 2:15 here and I really gotta try to get son sleep. Good night and sweet dreams.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your former job and having to compete for another job. The age is the only thing that would hold you back. They say no discrimination but that's not true. I'll pray that you'll get it or something else that you love.
I alwqaus had boarding dogs and some training dogs here at the house. I gave up the hunt rather quickly for a city/county job. 99 weeks of unemployment, 6 mos of disability for the other issues. I started volunteering for my sanity. Landed a great position as director of training for a service dog org that I had VOLUNTEERED for for 2 years. Quit that when I hit 55, work for myself now. That's the point I'm trying to make to you red, If you can work through the pain and get out to mingle, network, volunteer, something is bound to fall in your lap that you love.

The only problem I have is a lot of my time has to be spent laying down. I work a few minutes and lay down a half an hour to an hour. I worked a little more today and when I tried to get up a little while ago I fell. That's what happens when I over do it. And when I say over do it, I mean instead of working two minutes and resting an hour, I'll push it and work five minutes and rest an hour. I know the next day or two ill be stuck in this bed. This is my life lol

Red, that sounds more than frustrating. Have you ever considered alternative pain treatments? A friend of mine destroyed a disc in her back that required surgery. She'd only been home a few days when she slipped and reinjured it. The pain meds weren't agreeing with her, so she tried acupuncture. It actually helped her quite a bit. Might be worth a try. Sorry for your troubles and hope you get some good sleep.
hugs.gif

Long day here and almost midnight, so I need to sleep soon. Hope everyone has a good Friday. Nothing really new, but this has been a long week for some reason. Probably the time change...
duc.gif

Hi Watermelon. I see you on. Get off the computer and go see Ireland!
lol.png
Take pictures for us! Have fun!
frow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom