grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I loved science when I was in school.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    its so quiet ! Everyone is done and gone .. I should be doing something too . its almost dark already. 5:30 I dont know how people in Alaska live for months in darkness. Then isnt it light day and night for a while ?

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Sorry, I'm still here looking for some photos.

Here's some from today, just for York.
    There's my hot dog! Pretty big! Shared a bit it with hubs.

[​IMG]

Mustard, ketchup, relish, and onion. They also have saurkraut, but I don't like that.
    [​IMG]

4. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    hope you feel better mutt

5. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I did too, but I didn't really enjoy school. It was a yawn fest for me. That was part of the reason I wanted to teach. Make it fun and exciting. Build stuff and do real experiments so kids can learn by experience rather than read it out of a book. Unfortunately, there is very little respect for teachers now, so it is darn near impossible to get much done in a public school setting. Very frustrating. Of course I was pulling combat duty in a poor area in the east bay, gangs and fun stuff like that. We learned how to handle bomb threats really well! [​IMG]

6. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Still no sunshine, but they're warming up to me a bit.

[​IMG]

7. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Very pretty!

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Thanks! I :love them.

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Love the dark color! That's hoe RIR are supposed to look. [​IMG]

10. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    does that include roos? I'd love to fly there and let you and your hubby show me the sites. I'd have to come up with some money though.

us smokers can't smell much. I also don't think chickens stink. Love the smell of kfc. :eek:

Granny just come up with some fancy name like instead of janitor they say custodian.

love science. And you right. No respect for teachers anymore. Its saddens me too. We actually had respect for our teachers. My cousin teaches and I can't believe how the students treats teachers and they just let them get away with it. I know some may not like this but I personally think that they should bring back paddling and spanking your children if needed. I hate to tell them but I spanked mine when he deserved it. He has manners too. Shoot if I got in trouble at school, I'd end up with three spankings. Teacher, then mother, and when dad got home, another one. Needless to say I got in trouble once the entire time I went to school. That's all it took for me. Same thing if I spent the night with someone. My mom would tell the other parent right in front of me that if I misbehaved to spank me and then let her know. I also have thanked her for that. No telling how I'd turn out if she hadn't corrected me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by