grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota

2. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    It has become the seventh largest city in the US. They will annex anything within reach for tax dollars! No snow, unless you call a dusting snow. Currently it is the 70's here.

3. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Lol that's true. But I can help out too with the grocery budget...go a little less crazy on that. Pb sammiches for him every day. Or just here have some boiled eggs lol

He gasped in dismay at the feed store the other day....finding out the mutt's chow was near $40 a bag.

I then pointed at the acana feed that was $90 a bag and told him she was on that back in the day. (Truth. Back when it was just me and her, there were times I was on the beans and toast diet and she'd have the premium foods lol)

Sure I could feed her some cheapie feed...but I'd have to be feeding so much more of it too. *shrug*

4. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's probably a good idea. Its not supposed to rain much tomorrow so it will be a challenge for me. I know I need to at least get the poop out from under her.

5. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I am sorry to do this but I am beat , that fresh air is going to do me in yet.

So I am going to cat nap in my big chair probably with a dog in my lap until it is time to lock the front desk up.

Sweet Dreams Warm Fuzzies and Prays for those who need them

GOOD LUCK on the interview Pro.

TTFN

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Good night twist . Hope you sleep well. Think I'm going too. Good night all.

8. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Goodnight Twist and Red.

10. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Oh. Funny story. Hubs and I took a trek "down the hill" on Sunday to drop off engine/trans for "toterhome" at his work/shop (since he's doing the engine swap there). So he's been whining about our bed blankies - the top blanket we've had was a quilt my mom made....had a "fireside" backing and a light batting inside for warmth - it just wasn't full queen width or anything (fair enough it was smallish on my double bed lol), and the other comforter I had is this massively cozy one that we use for subzero camping in the desert...um. Rather. When the nights get below freezing not sub zero °f. Too hot for him lol. So we're down the hill, leave the trailer in the yard and run some errands while we're down there. Stop by harbor freight and then....kohls. Must get blankie. Also should acquire for me some work pants....since I've put on a good 20-30 lbs from my office days. (I get stressed/depressed I eat....this move hasn't been that easy on me. I feel like I'm getting in a better place lately but...that weight is going to take a bit to come off).

So find some cheap trousers....$25. Score. That's not bad for dress pants. Find a comforter...$50. Find a new flipper tool thingy for the kitchen....had a coupon from a friend, ended up being a little over $80.

Hubs starts teasing about my "expensive" pants. Sigh. Maybe I should tease him another his expensive tools. He wins that one.

Anyway. I'm super space cadet-y lately, and really random and rambley...and work decided to spring another "here train a cashier" on me.

So I think I'll go pass out soon...night all sweet dreams to y'all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by