grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 barred rocks that have just started laying this past week..i noticed  before they lay they take pieces of bedding and feathers and put them on their back,  of course they fall off but they  keep trying.then in a few they will get on the nest.whats going on with this.

They're nesting! :lol: No, but really. I had a marans that would burrow down until only her comb and tail were out of the hay. I assume it's an urge to camouflage themselves.

One of my RIR girls in an egg eater. :barnie I saw her in the loft and went later to get the egg, but there nothing but shell fragments and yolk-stained shavings. Hoping it's just stress.

is she one of the new ones?

YES. ugh. I'm just :fl that it's the stress of moving and living more crowded than they're used to. There's not really room in the loft for a traditional nest box, but maybe I can figure something out. Like draping the loft in burlap, or something, so it feels a little more private.

April and May completed
celebrate.gif

only 31 more months to do. Sigh

Last edited:
wandering jew.......pretty stuff, but beware.

Close, but not quite. This is a relative of the Queen purple cane. It's the only one of my plants that survived the move from MS five years ago, and only flourished this year. The one of the right is only cuttings from the one on the left.

I love wandering jew. My first one came from a stem my florist friend gave me. It did not survive the move. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom