grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    X2 [​IMG]

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    and back I go up to April now LOL

3. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas

4. Lynn Manes

Lynn Manes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    California
    Hi Tippylou!

5. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I was deer hunting until pearl told me that the silkie chick was running around outside the coop. Spent the breast of the day putting a little hardware cloth around the coop and figured I might as well start painting it . Didn't have near enough to finish but I got about a quarter of it done. I also felt the need to go pick the broody up . I don't know why I do this kinda stuff . I just can't help myself. It like when your just tall enough to reach the stove and your mom tells you (no, the burner is hot ). And I don't know if the rest of you is like this but I was going to to that hot burner if it was the last thing I do. I finally moved out on my own and she couldn't stop me from touching it. And you know what? That **** thing is hot.

glad you finally see the sun . I to look out the window and though there was a big fireballs falling from the sky. Scared me to death to start with.

6. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Well good news on the job front! Apparently a good firm to work for is very interested, I just need to do a bunch of assessments. Fingers and toes crossed. So I'll be doing that after work today.

Which is good cause I was very tempted to smack a customer today. We had one of our girls have a medical emergency while at work. (Really hoping she's ok....) so of course a bunch of girls were trying to help her out, redirect paramedics and customers away...so I hopped on the til at customer service and started checking customers out. This one guy was griping cause what's going on last time I was here someone had a panic attack and i had to wait an hour and a half (no you didn't I worked that day jerk), and now with this delay....

Well you know sir we don't choose to have panic attacks or medical emergencies. Or wait. Maybe we do and we're just having seizures and stuff JUST TO INCONVINIENCE YOU.

Reasons I hate retail.

7. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    red, see any deer?

8. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i have 2 barred rocks that have just started laying this past week..i noticed before they lay they take pieces of bedding and feathers and put them on their back, of course they fall off but they keep trying.then in a few they will get on the nest.whats going on with this.

9. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    is she one of the new ones?

10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

They're nesting! :lol: No, but really. I had a marans that would burrow down until only her comb and tail were out of the hay. I assume it's an urge to camouflage themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by