grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif
COLD here! Love this weather! 70's daytime, high 30's at night. Low humidity like always. Breezy, not windy like Granny and Twist. I been a busy girl! Went to Indio yesterday for Juvenile Hall. Thought you might find a pic of the windmill farms at Palm Springs and a pic of the Goodyear blimp and our desert terrain interesting. You'll need to enlarge it.

good pics mutt

My EEs are 7 months and still no eggs. :rant

really? 

Really. They hatched April 4th.

Looking at my ee today trying to figure out if I had boys or girls. I've come to the conclusion that they're both chickens. I suck at this.
Red, if your seeing ANY pinkish red on a 4 week old EE chicks comb it is a roo for sure. I would bet my life on it. My female EE never got color until just before they layed around 22 weeks.

My EEs are 7 months and still no eggs. :rant
Wow that's surprising, never had one go that long, sorry hope she lays soon.

I have 4. :barnie I have 10 pullets that are 7-8 months old and I'm getting 0-3 eggs a day. The hens are in various states of molt, so they get a pass. There's a handful of 6 mo. pullets not laying either. This "lay at 22 weeks" is an unattainable dream.
I've got a bunch of non layers here too Camp. I only have my 6 Isa Browns, a couple of new layers & 2 silkies laying right now. Older girls are molting & a bunch of juvies that aren't laying yet. Really noticing the decrease in eggs with the reduced light. Trying to get these gals thru their molt before kicking on the light. Plus I still have a week of tossing eggs yet to go.

Uh Oh, not good unless your wanting a roo.
Yeah I really don't want one. If I whined up with more then one roo out of those four and the ones my broody is on, I'm going to try to cull if I don't get to attached. If the kids aren't here. I've already explained this to them. They don't want me too of course but they said if I did, they don't want to be home at the time. I'm sure they'll be more then one roo out of fourteen birds.

Yeah I really don't want one. If I whined up with more then one roo out of those four and the ones my broody is on, I'm going to try to cull if I don't get to attached. If the kids aren't here. I've already explained this to them. They don't want me too of course but they said if I did, they don't want to be home at the time. I'm sure they'll be more then one roo out of fourteen birds.

out of 4 eggs my broody hatched one was a roo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom