grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
frow.gif
Been entertaining sons worker today . He woke me very early saying he didnt feel good and i gave him nausea meds forgot she was coming til 5 min. before she was due and too late then. DS has only been up an hr. I did go down the road and bought 3 bales of hay. I opened one and it is very long grasses so I hope they dont get sick. One bale covered 10x20 floor space and very thick too. at least 6in. fluffed . I also think about it getting entwined around their feet. Bad call maybe ?

http://www.framedcooks.com/2012/03/adult-brownies.html

Adult Brownies

Serves: 16-32 brownies, depending on how small you cut 'em!
Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons softened butter
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature and cut up into cubes
  • 2 four ounce bars high quality milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • 2 four ounce bars high quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs at room temperature
  • ½ cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt (NOT regular table salt)
  • 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
  • 1 four ounce bar bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Instructions
  1. Position baking rack in the lower third of your oven and preheat it to 350.
  2. Cut a piece of parchment paper in a 8x12 inch rectangle. Grease it with the 2 tablespoons of butter and dust it with the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and then fit it into an 8x8 baking pan, with the parchment extending up and over the edges. This will be the first of about 20 times you're going to have to wash chocolate off your hands during this recipe. :)
  3. Put the milk and dark chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl and add the cubed butter. Microwave it at full power for 15 seconds, then take it out and stir. Repeat this five more times until the mixture is smooth. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
  4. Add both sugars and the vanilla to the chocolate and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the eggs one by one, mixing after each one until they are fully combined.
  5. Add in the flour, the sea salt and the espresso powder. Switch to a hand mixer and beat it at medium high speed until the batter is glossy and starting to pull away from the bowl, about 3 minutes. Switch back to the wooden spoon and stir in the bittersweet chocolate.
  6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, turning the pan a quarter turn twice during baking. Poke a wooden skewer or toothpick into the middle after 45 minutes. If it comes out clean they are done...if not, continue baking until it comes out clean, checking at 5 minute intervals.
  7. Let pan cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Then remove the brownies carefully, using the edge of the parchment to lift them out, and let them cool completely on the rack. Cut into one inch squares and serve.

Hi, :frow Been entertaining sons worker today .  He woke me very early saying he didnt feel good and i gave him nausea meds forgot she was coming til 5 min. before she was due and too late then. DS has only been up an hr.   I did go down the road and bought 3 bales of hay. I opened one and it is very long grasses so I hope they dont get sick.  One bale covered 10x20 floor space and very thick too. at least 6in. fluffed .   I also think about it getting entwined around their feet. Bad call maybe ?

It's got to be chopped
1f61e.png
I lost a bird getting all impacted and blocked by long hay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom