grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case I aught to have turdletts up the whazoo
lau.gif
I think they come out the whazoo ---

If I handle the a lot will they still be tame?. Or should I not do that?

Follow mama's lead on that one - some broodies are less open to your "help" with the kids than others.  Even without direct handling you can become a familiar and friendly fixture in their world.

x2. My current broody taught her biddies to run to me for food, help, etc. But she's the first one to do that.

Follow mama's lead on that one - some broodies are less open to your "help" with the kids than others.  Even without direct handling you can become a familiar and friendly fixture in their world.
This particular broody Silkie has never been cuddly. I spent a lot of time with her little ones, but couldn't get them to warm up to me either. Sometimes I think its just the bird.

x2. My current broody taught her biddies to run to me for food, help, etc. But she's the first one to do that.
Now that's the way my first broody acted & taught her little ones. I still can handle most of them & they are starting to lay their own eggs now.
1f60a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom