1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Sounds delish, Twist. I have never had those kind of dumplings. Shall have to try it sometime.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I got stuck behind every single emergency vehicle the town of versailles owns and then some.. Ol mare, you know where Crossroads restaurant is ? theres a big pond just past it on 421. A SUV or van, couldnt tell decided it was a boat. # hrs. at welfare. they "lost her paper work again. I found it. never believe in a million years .. In their shredder ! It was a scam because their shredder dont shred. they are just feeding it through a slot and keeping it stored in the bottom. Keep that in mind next time you ask someone to shred for you. Too late to clean carpet of course. Off to food bank. 3 more hrs. there. wally world then to the shop to take her off my hands. Of course he wasnt there. He closed shop early . all the way to her house.She slams on the breaks to keep from hitting a small deer. [​IMG] thats the 2nd time now I should of been driving. Then she insists I take GS home because shes worried about me getting home safe after dark. That made no sense at all. If she was worried why would she stick her 10 yr. old in with me ? I did come home with 4 very heavy boxes of greens for the chickens though. Not sure how long they will keep.

3. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Porter herd bull for my Yaks Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    have some left over dumplings to either pan fry in butter with onions or add to the leftover broth.

4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    they are sort of heavy just milk/cream eggs beat up add flour, salt, pepper and any other seasoning if you want, mix until you have sort of a stiff sticky batter drop into boiling soup or stock, cook on a simmer or soft boil stirring occasionally, Test dumplings after 15 to 20 minutes until done to you liking. Easy peasey.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    no, Im not crazy about dumplings but i make and eat them the same way DH eats veggie soup when I make it

6. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    good thing you had the 10 year old to help tote everything you got then.

7. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Granny, report the names of whoever was supposed to be helping you to their supervisor. Also report to the supervisor's supervisor. Then it won't happen again. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Go squeak real loud right in their ear!!!

Sorry for a frustrating day. Get your GS outside tomorrow to catch those crawdads! He can always go to school the next day. [​IMG]

8. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    which is how by slipping them to the dogs under the table??

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I eat like one . the broth I love and the spice is turmeric .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by