grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering it is an hours drive away WITHOUT TRAFFIC...nope.

And it's just with a bank where....the local branch loves me. There's a risk of evenings and weekends (hubs would be most upset) if I really wanted that job I'd apply at the local branch not an hours drive away.

Sigh. Frustrating part is....I put in my notice at the Mart so we could go to the desert for thanksgiving. And now it looks like nobody is going. So i put in my notice for nothing.

Well, you also put in your notice so you didn't accept being insulted to work for minimum wage when you could be spending a holiday weekend with your family. It'd a been the same for christmas and new year. Pizz on that kmart job. Spent the holidays doing something or nothing at all. At least you're not a pawn and can choose what you do! 
X2

Makes me wanna make some fudge!

-Kathy
barnie.gif
can you imagine how bad I was in my younger "productive" years ?

OMG I've died & gone to heaven! My dad always said that his idea of heaven was that it was like a pie & each slice was a different lake with a different breed of fish. That way he could fish a different slice of heaven each day (he was a huge fisherman all his life) Well my idea of heaven is a pie like my Dad, but each slice for me is a different decidant desert. Thank Sally for sharing this, it brought back fond memories
hugs.gif

awwwwww
hugs.gif
you know my favorite thing to do is fish he had to be amazing!
old.gif
love.gif

slick way to get a bunch of hens phone #s Red. hahaa

How'd you know granny lol?

I think this ain't red's first rodeo

Lol

I didnt do any thing special today. I was there for a friend that needed help, that's all. I would do it for any or all of you, that's what friends are for. Just wish I could have helped more because Red is whipping himself as I type this. I never got a chance to get back on this afternoon to tell him how much I loved his Southern accent before everything went south.

It was special to me. :hugs you helped more than you'll ever know just hearing someone's voice. Thank you so much. I really think she'd done fine had I not been stupid and left the dogs out. You better believe that won't happen again. She in here now with heat and a towel over the cage. That kennel will only be used on the inside now. She's not sitting on the eggs now. I put them under the lamp with water underneath and a wet rag over them. Maybe one will hatch but I doubt it. They got a little cool before I could get the baby chick and hen taken care of. Well see.

Well, they decided to go with another candidate.

Sigh.

She then made a peace offering of a temp job at a bank for even less and even more of a commute.

:/
sorry star. I'm sure something else better will come along.

Sorry about your broody, red.  :hugs    Boy, you sure are having a trial by fire. Chickens are capable of recovering from serious injury, so don't give up on her.  I wonder if the dog heard the chick peeping and that set him off.   We had a huge lab when I was a kid that never ever bothered the chickens, but a fuzzy chick was considered hor d'oeuvres.  Chicks weren't safe from him until they were feathered.

Keep the broody warm and quiet and hydrated if possible.  Putting a towel over whatever you are keeping her in helps.  Maybe she will hatch the rest of the eggs for you. 
you may be right about the chirping and the dog. Lesson learned.
Red, thank you for such kind words. It was my pleasure talking with you this afternoon. Don't think I ever turn down a chance to run my mouth lol. Is the egg that hatched the one that pipped on the wrong end or was it a different egg? Hoping tomorrow brings brighter skies for everyone that needs them.
2764.png

you are sooooooo bad!!!
thumbsup.gif

you know we make some next month every year!!!! thank you!! is that your page too?

hugs.gif
yup and all the worse and wise that makes you bad to the bone now!
highfive.gif

haha your getting there . I love to fish too. dont go as much as I used to because I am kept busy baiting hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom