grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't Red, she is a very hard working woman. Her hours at work are long enough. She took this job demotion this past January because of the new baby coming. She stepped down from a assistant manager position to something less stressful & a Mon- Fri position. It was a $20,000 a year step down from her former position, but she knew she couldn't physically or mentally be able to work the position she was & raise a 13 yr old, 1 1/2 year old & a new baby coming. She just got word this week that a ton of long timers were let go & that her job description would be making some significant changes at the start of the new year. They have already been abusing her position. Because she has the experience & knowledge of being manager. They have been pulling her out on the sales floor in like an acting manager role, when her job is at the back of the house. Remember she took a 20K cut by leaving that role. Now they are using her in that role but without the pay. Plus she stepped down from that because she didn't want to have all that stress while raising a young family. She even moved store locations when she took this position. It makes me really mad how they are taking advantage of her. I could have the kids a few weekends a month, but hubby & I have had to get a lot of outdoor stuff done before the snow came. We're done now so I'll get them more now. Sorry I was so long winded
Oh I hate that for her. Its ashamed that companies do that. I know how she feels. The job I was at last I was doing things that they use to have to pay people big money to do. I only made 25000 a year. That's good for around here but I should have been getting around 70000 to 100000 a year. The only thing though is I didn't have a degree in that field. I wouldn't have made that here but 45 minutes away I would've. I pray that they do the right thing by her. I've been in supervision, management since I was 19 . It is a lot of stress.

I usually try to catch up on posts and then I say something. I spend a lot of time catching up. Lol

I made another apple pie today. Out of apples now. The next batch will be for dumplings.

Red reminded me of what I did to Tom. He was bored and feeling a little depressed . He also has a thing about the mail. He would wait for it with his nose pressed to the door. So, I talked my DD into writing him love letters.  Now, DH is illiterate but the fancy writing and the smell of perfume was just too much for him. He carried that thing arund and look at it , smell it, hide it for a few weeks. Til the next one came. Then he broke down and showed them to me and asked me to read them. I did and asked him who she was. He was in such a better mood after that. him and his secret admirer . It really perked him up ! I dont know if he still has them or not ...
That's so sweet of you granny, hope you never told him.

I'm pretty much back in the kitchen. The house looks like a war zone and my side lost. Lol

I haven't made the sticky rolls yet but soon. I haven't forgotten you. :)

Newfie, Im not worried. I just want you to be healthy . If I could I would try to make stuff for all of you and I know you understand that I cant. I think ,one day I will start drawing again but i much rather just spend time with all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom