grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

OH Camping!! How heart breaking... Im so sorry that has happened...

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Bunny, no - ground squirrel, yes --- little buggars pack a punch with those chompers!

3. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I was playing "beat the sun" home so I could rush around and get all the outdoor chores done before it got dark -- and having a lovely chat with my mommy on the phone!!!! Home now, chores done and stealing a few minutes to sit down before I get started on dinner and inside chores.......

4. lindalouly

Good afternoon everyone. I always seem to win the worse mom of the year award... totally forgot about my sons birthday. Thank God I looked at my calendar and figured it out... so this mamma has been baking a ham and cooking a preholiday dinner for the 16 year old, went and did quick present shopping and bought a pepperidge farm coconut cake and cheese cake... Got it all done before he got home and he is thankfully happy. My brain needs to start working.. this isnt the first time I forgot my childrens birthday until the last minute.

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Thanks. :hugs It's the risk of free ranging. I'm hoping to save up some $$$ to get nice quality stock on the spring, to boost my flock numbers.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    BTDT - you aren't the worst mom by any stretch!

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

That's ok. :hugs I've done it too. That's why we teach forgiveness. :highfive:

8. lindalouly

Thanks Mare, I just feel horrible when that happens. My memory is shot by all the meds I take.
    Camping, I choose free ranging too, next spring though, I have decided to create a big hoop coop area for the birds. I miss my back yard.

1 person likes this.
  9. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Yesterday gd caught 3 week old chick by the tail and brought it to me. She is barely 2 years old and goes with me to feed them. If they are hungry they bail out the door of their little coop. Im adding a pic of her.

1 person likes this.
  10. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD

I got my first as a pet when I was 17. The neighborhood kids came through our yard going to the bus or to play. I always had kids knocking at the door to pet something. The kids pulled grass to feed Thumper (who also had the amazing talent of throwing his butt around while peeing & got 6 kids at once.) This went on for years until one day Sharon held the grass out to him with her thumb up. He bit clear through her thumbnail. I got a letter from the health dept requesting that I keep him caged for 10 days and report any sickness or death.

Another bite was my right ring finger when I reached into Licorice's cage to get her out. I have never heard a rabbit growl and scream at the same time before or since then. She laid my finger open in a semicircle and I had a scar for years. I got my revenge as rabbit pot pie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by