grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth does help in the basement goes around eating the dust bunnies. I have no idea why but I am sure not going to stop her. Beside the hair helps hold her turds together when scooping poop.

My two kids are the only kiddos. No idea what would happen if I started laughing.

It's not that she's a bad person, she just doesn't respect us as parents. She consistently undermines me in front of the kids, and she spoils DD way more than DS. Like, even 3-yo is starting to notice he's not getting as many toys and treats. Very vocal about what we should be doing differently in our lives. Somehow she's convinced that DH and I are having marital issues (we're not) and she keeps trying to give me advice. She likes to tell me that DH is not a real man because he goes camping with his friends (???) instead of spending time with his family? She also likes to tell me I need to sell the chickens and get rid of the dogs. Not real reasons for that, she just doesn't like them I guess.

I feel bad for her, because I know she had a hard life and has dealt with a lot of a use. But she's also dished out her fair share...

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant. My anxiety is all flared up because of this trip. Good thing I'm taking the pups, too. I'm sure one of them will always need a walk.
big_smile.png
K. Think I'm close to 2X your age. Been there done that, got the T shirt. me thinks Mom is jealous of you, your independence relatively happy life and successful marriage. Jealous that you have a successful job and career, are well organized and are enjoying life. Ieee. You are the mom to your kids. Can you insist that all gifts and treats be divided equally or nothing? Can you make a point of bragging about how much you love your alone time when DH goes camping? As far as dogs and chickens, I'd flat out azz up. "I love my dogs and my chickens. If you don't like dogs or chickens, don't own them, but shut up about mine"!

My two kids are the only kiddos. No idea what would happen if I started laughing.

It's not that she's a bad person, she just doesn't respect us as parents. She consistently undermines me in front of the kids, and she spoils DD way more than DS. Like, even 3-yo is starting to notice he's not getting as many toys and treats. Very vocal about what we should be doing differently in our lives. Somehow she's convinced that DH and I are having marital issues (we're not) and she keeps trying to give me advice. She likes to tell me that DH is not a real man because he goes camping with his friends (???) instead of spending time with his family? She also likes to tell me I need to sell the chickens and get rid of the dogs. Not real reasons for that, she just doesn't like them I guess.

I feel bad for her, because I know she had a hard life and has dealt with a lot of a use. But she's also dished out her fair share...

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant. My anxiety is all flared up because of this trip. Good thing I'm taking the pups, too. I'm sure one of them will always need a walk. :D

K. Think I'm close to 2X your age. Been there done that, got the T shirt. me thinks Mom is jealous of you, your independence relatively happy life and successful marriage. Jealous that you have a successful job and career, are well organized and are enjoying life. Ieee. You are the mom to your kids. Can you insist that all gifts and treats be divided equally or nothing? Can you make a point of bragging about how much you love your alone time when DH goes camping? As far as dogs and chickens, I'd flat out azz up. "I love my dogs and my chickens. If you don't like dogs or chickens, don't own them, but shut up about mine"! 

Tried tried tried. No big deal, though. They have way less influence since moving away. And I can live through anything for a few days.

Upside: spending days with my bro and sis in law. Also taking the kids to a working dairy. :weee

It's going to be fine. My dad is awesome. :love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom