grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh my gosh I am so down. That would be such a blast!!
Right? If we didn't just think of it, we could all caravan to Newfies house! Good eats, Jammies, friends, movies?
hugs.gif
No family stress, no dress code. Plenty of comfie sofas!

Well, I don;t want to be a party pooper, but tomorrow is my long Juvenile Hall day. 3 hours driving in holiday traffic turns into 5. Need a snack and a pillow. I hope I was able to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving in case I get back too late tomorrow night. Thank you again for the friendships. One day, we really should make this happen!

Well, I don;t want to be a party pooper, but tomorrow is my long Juvenile Hall day. 3 hours driving in holiday traffic turns into 5. Need a snack and a pillow. I hope I was able to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving in case I get back too late tomorrow night. Thank you again for the friendships. One day, we really should make this happen! 

Be safe tomorrow! Good luck.

I'm always open! No hubby, no kids! Middle south in the US. Good for both East coasters and west coasters! And you snow birds can visit some warm weather!

Good evening everyone! Just caught up again. Sorry to have missed so many of you who have already turned. Hazzard of living on the west coast, along with those pesky earthquakes.

I'm 200 posts behind but wanted to jump in and thank all of you for your friendship before anybody turned in.. Granny said it way better than I can, but having this group of wonderful like minded people to laugh cry and share with has been so wonderful for me.
DH never mentioned my appt till I was walking out the door. Then it was "do you need me to go with you"? Not would you like me to or I would like to and not a few days ago. No good luck, no I hope it goes ok. Nothing.
smack.gif
It hurt my feelings. Anyway...
I WUV you guys and cherish your friendships!
K. 200 posts to read. bbl
Sometimes denial is the only way they can get through the tough stuff.
WUV you too!
hugs.gif

Quote: My two kids are the only kiddos. No idea what would happen if I started laughing.

It's not that she's a bad person, she just doesn't respect us as parents. She consistently undermines me in front of the kids, and she spoils DD way more than DS. Like, even 3-yo is starting to notice he's not getting as many toys and treats. Very vocal about what we should be doing differently in our lives. Somehow she's convinced that DH and I are having marital issues (we're not) and she keeps trying to give me advice. She likes to tell me that DH is not a real man because he goes camping with his friends (???) instead of spending time with his family? She also likes to tell me I need to sell the chickens and get rid of the dogs. Not real reasons for that, she just doesn't like them I guess.

I feel bad for her, because I know she had a hard life and has dealt with a lot of a use. But she's also dished out her fair share...

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant. My anxiety is all flared up because of this trip. Good thing I'm taking the pups, too. I'm sure one of them will always need a walk.
big_smile.png

My girlfriend's mom is just like that, and we realized it is a combination of jealousy and feeling unneeded. Her other loser children and grandchildren are lavished with affection and gifts, where my friend and her family, who are hardworking and self sufficient, get treated like crap.

I agree with Mutt's advice, but if you've tried it already, then do something unexpected. When she starts harassing you about your life, go up and give her a huge hug and tell her you're worried about her and ask her why she is so unhappy. Only a very unhappy person would say the things she does. I would, however, put my foot down about the unequal treatment of the children. You may have to enlist your dad to help you with this. Not good at all for your son.

Quote:
lau.gif
Twist! You missed an excellent joke here! Look up cajones and you'll get it!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom