grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, just got the dessert out of the oven. Which speaking of oven ~ I'm furious with mine, stupid things picks Thanksgiving week when I had a lot of baking to do to decide it didn't want to work right grr.... I had 6 dozen dinner rolls to make & they look nasty. The oven is not heating evenly of something. If I wasn't turning the pans like every few minutes one whole side would be blonde color & the other brown. Plus I was fighting my rolls collapsing ( this is a recipe that I could make in my sleep) used to supply a few restaurants in the area when I had my bakery. Tried to make a apple crisp tonight. Recipe calls for a 350* degree oven for 45 minutes. At 35 minutes you couldn't even smell the apples cooking. Increased temp & cooked for an addition 40 mins. Then had to use broiler to try to crisp up the crisp part. It probably will taste like he//, but at this point I don't farking care. I am so over this farking holiday. Every year it makes me a wreck. I can't wait until I can finally have a Thanksgiving dinner in my own home. Current count for Hubby's side Thanksgiving dinner is 70. I just want to hide in a closet, but there isn't even room to do that. Sorry about the rant, I try not to complain about this holiday, but it stresses me up so much every year. Red I have noticed you haven't been on much in the past 2 days, but neither have I. Can't wait to get thru the next 3 days.

Pumpkin from scratch but it's not my home canned pumpkin. Crust from scratch. Real homemade whipped cream. Homemade noodles and stuffing. Home canned cinnamon applesauce. Candied sweet potatoes. Homemade rolls. Also pickled beets.

Hi everyone, just got the dessert out of the oven. Which speaking of oven ~ I'm furious with mine, stupid things picks Thanksgiving week when I had a lot of baking to do to decide it didn't want to work right grr.... I had 6 dozen dinner rolls to make & they look nasty. The oven is not heating evenly of something. If I wasn't turning the pans like every few minutes one whole side would be blonde color & the other brown. Plus I was fighting my rolls collapsing ( this is a recipe that I could make in my sleep) used to supply a few restaurants in the area when I had my bakery. Tried to make a apple crisp tonight. Recipe calls for a 350* degree oven for 45 minutes. At 35 minutes you couldn't even smell the apples cooking. Increased temp & cooked for an addition 40 mins. Then had to use broiler to try to crisp up the crisp part. It probably will taste like he//, but at this point I don't farking care. I am so over this farking holiday. Every year it makes me a wreck. I can't wait until I can finally have a Thanksgiving dinner in my own home. Current count for Hubby's side Thanksgiving dinner is 70. I just want to hide in a closet, but there isn't even room to do that. Sorry about the rant, I try not to complain about this holiday, but it stresses me up so much every year. Red I have noticed you haven't been on much in the past 2 days, but neither have I. Can't wait to get thru the next 3 days.

And thats what happened to me . it was supposed to be cooked and it wasnt then my oven crapped .

HI RED!!! I missed you! So glad your little made it! And your hen is recovering! :hugs
Here it is Red
1f60a.png

calm down Lisa everything will be ok
hugs.gif

I think a good project would be to get a map and put everyones name on their place of residence to keep up with everyone... I am fairly new but I often forget who is who and who is married to who and who lives where.

LOL guess you all are coming here because here you have ol mare and myself and Danna is just a few hrs. away . and watermelon is about the same .

we will need to hog tie ol mare to get her out
barnie.gif
I forgot Ol Mare too! I think we should all head to Twist's motel! Then there'd be enough room for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom