grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana

turkey is a stinking . Happy thanksgiving ya,ll

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. willzpapa

willzpapa Papa Santee

Sep 26, 2015
    Hillbilly Heaven NC
    Happy Thanksgiving,to all y'all

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Happy Thanksgiving!

-Kathy

4. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    morning granny happy turkey day

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Happy Thanksgiving! [​IMG][​IMG] Mom cooked! We're watching the parade and the kids are playing with my old toys! :love

3 people like this.
  6. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    the turkey has been on for almost 2 hrs and I havent done anything else. eggs still whole for deviled .. I cant help it Tom ,poor soul, I had the turkey up too high on the rack so he took it out, then too low so he took it out then just right he took it out so i could cover the wings . poor guy only has use of one hand and its a big bird . not only that but i put it on a cookie sheet with no sides . LOL He is now hiding in his room. I expected it to hit the floor just any second but nope, he did good. Sally ended up with 5 girls and 1 boy.

7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Good morning all Ruff night bed at about 2 up at 3 and 4 and 7:25 and then for the day about 9 am. Just having my coffee and working on the plan of attack for the day. Pie crusts first then into fridge to chill . Then clean out Boyd and start the stock for the stuffing. Then roll out crusts and start pies one at a time in oven finish the stuffing fill every cavity of the bird. Put bird in second oven. Do the other pie. Set table with a "cloth and the good china" occasionally baste Boyd Yes I think that will work.

You all will be in your turkey comas before we even start . Dinner is between 6:30 and 7 pm if things go to plan.

HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT DAY, GOOD FOOD, LOVING FAMILY & FRIENDS TO SHARE THE DAY WITH.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Good Morning Granny!!! Happy Thanksgivin!!!! huggies and huggies and pumpkin pyeeeee

1 BOY 5 GIRLS !! [​IMG]

Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae

Now watch me whip
    Watch me nae nae
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next RN is on duty [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOA BUT SHE MADE IT [​IMG]

You see the snuggle bum liver white on the right? this was a breech DOA no placenta or sac with it.
    Misty couldn't revive on her own, my husband was freaking out and grabbed it and asked me
    if I am in shock or what. I think I was actually. He handed it to me, I took it, cleared its air ways and nostrils, I got nothing,
    not a movement, kept trying and trying and rubbing and doing pup cpr and I finally got that
    big open mouth. I kept that little sweetheart with me for an hour and every time she quit I
    started over again, and I finally got her to the point of steady breathing and she got a good
    suckle on my finger, you see whites, all she needed was good loving hand to help her
    enter this world. This was the first time I had one like this. I dont want another. The umbilical issues
    suck, but this sucked worse. I was thinking about how easy it would be, to be at work and
    not be here and not have the stress of this and let things go naturally.
    Glad I took my path, cause I love my puppies!!!
    and love the happiness and joy they give to the families I send them to! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    LOL @ Sally I couldn't wait so posted on your incubating thread. CONGRATS Again

ps which one is the BOY???

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Happy Thanksgiving guys! I will be back later to update on Mike.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by