grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Twisted, LOL you are welcome . enola, I did !! hahaaaa went to the flea market today and something kept biting my ankles. I have little red itchy spots. aint that a blip ! who would of thunk !! you can get fleas at a flea market. [​IMG] I also found another lamp that interested me. because it was 5.99 . hahaa really it is carved onyx but it is white . I think onyx and marble may be the same thing ? any way, it will go 35-40 lbs. and it has a Shepard boy, sheep and tree carved in it and the top of the stone comes off to change a night light bulb then the top takes a regular bulb. I have looked for a while on google and cant find anything like it. I am wondering its worth. any ideas ?

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I demand a picture!

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you know i chucked my camera. I cant. [​IMG] should of got my friend / sons worker to. wasnt thinking. I kept her out way past her time.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    its one of those big round fat lamps. it even has an adjustable harp. tells you how old that is.

5. enola

I have an old lamp my father bought me one night when we went to an auction. I bet I have had that thing 50 years. I drug it with me through all my drinking/drugging years, through 2 marriages and all these years in SC. I will find it tomorrow and take a picture for you to see it.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ha ! thats how all this lamp stuff started ! my fathers lamp quit working . bought that really pretty one . it broke and not this old think. I couldnt pass it for 6 bucks. my son likes it

7. enola

Mine is black. When I was a kid I used to pretend it was the Black Stallion (from the Walter Farley books).

1 person likes this.
  8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    is it a horse lamp?

9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Nice save! The question is, do you tell him? Then he can appreciate how much trouble you went through to fix it.

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Granny, which chickens did you lose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by