grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahha, what shall we call it? mi vida loca? you shall be my first guest. it will be a quiz and if you answer correctly you will win a half eaten old hen. you ready? whats today?

hahahha, what shall we call it? mi vida loca? you shall be my first guest. it will be a quiz and if you answer correctly you will win a half eaten old hen. you ready? whats today?
idunno.gif
guess she dont want it either.(sigh)

i have a mentally challenged rooster, i believe that is the correct term used these days. a woman from California sent me, free of charge, a beautiful polish frizzled tolbunt rooster. whew, thats a mouthful. he is drop dead gorgeous. and as dumb as the day is long. he has been sick these few past months and in quarantine. they were all sick but i wanted to keep a real close eye on him. i have changed water, cleaned cage, bought 3-4 different meds. and with the help of a member(two crows) they have all recovered !! yaaa. it was definitely a battle . ok, so now he has his choice of way too many hens and what does he do? hides ! he wants nothing to do with any of them. he will not climb a ladder or a hen. i am taking him to the water dishes and i touch the back of his neck before he will lean his head down to drink. same with food. he awaits my permission to eat and drink. he is not blind as when he sees me he cocks his head up and talks to me. i am not a hen !! if he drops his wing down to me one more time i am going to turn him into a girl. i have rooster booster that i gave him and the probiotics from all the antibiotics he had. the woman that gave him to me also paid shipping and she asked for fertile eggs in return. how do i break it to her she sent me a gay rooster?

Granny, you are absolutely hilarious!! We do need to get rolling on your new TV show. I would be glued to the set!! Your first guest can be your gay rooster, Spazz!
gig.gif

And great that your hen is healing well! You can bring out all of your flock on your show, introduce each one and tell their stories!! Would make for excellent prime time TV!!
pop.gif

true love awwww, the polish hen that the dog tore up is doing awesome. i let the big boys out to play today and on one of my many trips to the barn i found her mate sitting next to the cage she is in whispering sweet nothings in her ear. i chased him out because i want to keep her calm and quite. SHE GAVE ME THE STINK EYE !!!! i have heard of it but never seen it. The nerve. i will name them,romeo and stink eye. Spazz, my gay rooster moved today !!
celebrate.gif
from the small dog house to the big one. (sigh) i am only giving him water once a day hoping he will get thirsty enough to come out and get it himself. tomorrow is calling for 60 so it will be calling me to the brooders for a good scrub down.

well, i got 3 brooders cleaned out and half of one coop. not that you can tell but the air seems a little fresher. Spazz pecked a hen on the head today !
celebrate.gif
he might find his moxie after all. of course she was walking between his legs at the time. he is a big guy compared to some of my little bantams. as i was cleaning out the brooders , i use a big scraper, one of the babies took a ride on the handle. i think he was seeing a mother hen scratching and thought there must be some thing good there. since he seemed to be enjoying himself so much i let him keep the scraper and i went to take a nap. maybe he will finish the job for me.

MYTH OR FACT ? do chickens go into a coma state after dark? I think not! i have 2 nest boxes with 2 hens to each one. i didnt want them to set. i have enough. they didnt care what i thought. seeing as i cant keep up with days i just know its been a while. soo, i went out tonight well after dark with thoughts of coyotes, foxes and all the other things that go bump in the night. first nest, 16 eggs, one fertile. silkie and cochin hen. sweet girls. put the good egg back and let them figure out who gets it. on to the second nest. not sure of breeds, maybe black tailed buff and the other looks like coffee w/ cream very tiny girls. 3 eggs under the first one all ready to hatch, one looked like an internal pip, i dont know about the second one because as i was giving the first ones eggs back, i got attacked by them both !! with only one finger bleeding and my pride in the dirt i came back in the house. worries of wild animals long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom