grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, y'all. Just got home. Two other eggs pipping. That poor first has doubled its hole, but it's slow going.

This rain just won't let up. I had to break down and buy pine shavings because my poor girls were ankle deep in water trying to eat. Luckily I was smart enough to hang the feeder.

I would like to know where you can get a 8x12 plastic coop ? i have wooden floor but if i had my do-overs. I would. a wet coop is a stink coop. where we live is cold but i still would have a SLOPED cement floor maybe if i hit the lotto I would even have the heat built into the cement. my run is deep litter because , well, because i am lazy.

Thanks, y'all. Just got home. Two other eggs pipping. That poor first has doubled its hole, but it's slow going.

This rain just won't let up. I had to break down and buy pine shavings because my poor girls were ankle deep in water trying to eat. Luckily I was smart enough to hang the feeder.
jumpy.gif
Its good its raining ! perfect timing for the babies. LOL not so perfect for you. It has been raining here and my coop would gag the average bear. MY COOP, was full of bees today. they acted like they were after the corn? I didnt want to go in there. they were all over the chickens. It started getting a little cool out and they were gone.

I have been on the BST sites telling people how to word their ads and matching people up with things they are looking for. LOL I am that bored. Sold a door for 100 bucks though ! I got 2 roosters out of their cages and into a run today. bless their hearts they have been caged for a while. soo nice to see them doing what they should. one of them didnt shut up for half an hr. he was scratching, digging, calling all the girls, jumping up just because. almost made me want to get in there and join him. hahaa

Question, do you recomend buying a storage shed than transforming it into a coop or just plain out, start from scratch.
idunno.gif

Also, Happy Birthday to your son, Campingshaws!
tongue.png

I've seen folks with those custom coops like this selling them on CL for lots. They changed their minds about chickens and then have to unload it. I mean really? How is the average person going to cart this baby off?

f8ed9216faccccef039acfe63f17e571.jpg

But if you customize a shed like this, add a window or two and change your mind you have a nice Garden Shed or playhouse and nothing to unload. Folks will take your chickens easy enough. You just clean it out. Take out the nest boxes and paint the inside and viola! You're back to square one.

34483432-1f30-4900-9fce-f4d4a301127e_300.jpg

Now there are some much more expensive and nicer sheds I've seen turned into a home office nice garden shed, but you get the idea. Plus they add to property value I think.

williamsburg_diy1.jpg

:jumpy  Its good its raining ! perfect timing for the babies. LOL not so perfect for you. It has been raining here and my coop would gag the average bear.  MY COOP, was full of bees today. they acted like they were after the corn? I didnt want to go in there. they were all over the chickens. It started getting a little cool out and they were gone. 

You're right, it is good for the babies. But it's been raining for DAYS. I'm not sure if I have chickens or ducks.

I have been on the BST sites telling people how to word their ads and matching people up with things they are looking for. LOL I am that bored.  Sold a door for 100 bucks though ! I got 2 roosters out of their cages and into a run today. bless their hearts they have been caged for a while. soo nice to see them doing what they should. one of them didnt shut up for half an hr. he was scratching, digging, calling all the girls, jumping up just because. almost made me want to get in there and join him. hahaa
Ha Ha granny, my guys & gals have absolutely loved the past 4 days of warmer weather. So have I except for the very soggy runs. Everyone is getting twitterpated with the spring like weather. Just hoping and praying that ole mother nature doesn't play a wicked joke on us, won't even say the S word. Managed to sell 6 of the 3 week old barnyard mix chicks today. She paid me extra to keep them an additional 2 weeks until they close on a farmhouse they are buying.

@Campingshaws - Happy birthday to your little man ~ they grow up way too fast. My baby turned 28 in Feb, she was just 3 last week.

Wishing you luck with your hatch, sounds like your breech baby is making progress :woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom