grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    wont be long til the pretty sun does its job . Think i will get to bed early. Not the best news from the dr. yesterday. but at least i know whats wrong and can work on setting it right. I have fought my sugar drops my whole life. It has caused some of my memory problems, passing out at the most inoperative times. Have woke up in very strange places with no idea how i came to be there. In one short month i have gone from 0 to 60 . A whole new way of life now. I hope it is temporary. a fluke . It is possible because of my adrenal glands. hurry up and wait . LOL goodnight all [​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    sit on your hands hun. is the towel still wet? if by am there is no progress then you can step in. 24 hrs.

3. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Night granny girl, sorry about your bad news yesterday. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Sweet dreams [​IMG]

4. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Looks ok to me, the hole is bigger than just the beak area so it is making progress. Just as granny said, sit on your hands hun. If you keep cracking the bator lid your going to end up with a lot of shrink wrapped chicks. I made that mistake once, even put the bator in a steamy bathroom before I cracked the lid. Lost 5 full grown chicks to shrink wrapping and the egg I had opened the bator to assist ended up being a chick that just wasn't meant to hatch. It's so hard watching them struggle, but I am firm believer in letting what will be, will be now. Good luck honey [​IMG]

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Haha, too late. I candled again. Very quickly, just held a light to the end of each egg. The bator is in the laundry room with washer and dryer both going, so it's warm and humid. I'll learn one day. :/

6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Did you see movement in the eggs or internal pips

7. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I didn't look long enough to watch for movement. Veins still looked good, though, so that's good? The egg with the tiny fractures was an obvious internal pip. A few others had enlarged air cells, so they're still doing stuff. I just need one to hatch, to cheer on the others. :)

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Yep the cheerleaders & rugby players always help get everyone hurrying to get out.

9. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Still no chicks. I think I lost the first one. :hit

10. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Edit: it's gone. I picked it up and removed a bit more shell, and it didn't move or react.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by