grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Twisted, You are at the age as well. prostrate checks should be part of your life now. will also cause problems with not being able to hold urine. There is a blood test for that now so no excuses not to. Tom was diagnosed with prostrate cancer by one dr. but he choose to not follow through because of his stroke and only having use of one hand. There are some preventative measures you can take to slow this progress and if you wish to know about a good one them PM me. It is not family friendly. [​IMG]

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    To all that I may have offended, I apologize for feeling emphathy for granny and sharing my similar experienice. Unless someone can relate to these health issue no one has a clue on how embarrassing and degrading an accident like this can make you feel. Unfortunately for some of us, the experience is not just regulated to when we become elderly.

@rancher I understand completely if you're are grossed out by our conversation but this page of granny's is about everything. Not just chickens! I hope for your sake you or your sick DW never have to experience such a public embarrassment, but if you do hopefully you will have a understanding person to help. Not someone who thinks its gross or someone who just makes a flippant comment about needing to go see a doctor. Not always can we pick the lot in our life or just be able to take a PILL for it. Without knowing someone's history your comments came off as rude to me. Over 8 years ago I underwent major brain surgery. The trauma of the surgery set off horrific allergies & asthma. For the first year I had to wear a mask just to be outside otherwise I would have an asthma attack. It has only been a matter of 6 months since I've gotten to the point of just once a month shots. When I had my allergy testing done they tested for 54 different common allergens. I was allergic to all of them. Have had additional testing done, I am also allergic to milk casein (all dairy), eggs & gluten. Then there are all the chemical allergies, need I go on - a little pill doesn't fix my dog & cat allergy, so I must qualify for the stupid category you discussed.

OK I will get off my soapbox now, I love hearing everyone's stories. Have a great night all.

Lisa

2 people like this.
  3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Wow CLady, that's a heavy load to bear. At least you're not allergic to chickens, otherwise we probably never would have met you! I could totally relate to the other topic that was discussed (L,M,N,O, Pee!). We are not alone! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG]

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

That's the problem, it started as soon as I was tall enough to reach in the kitchen sink.....

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Tis a simple solution Enola, have mike do the dishes... Or find a dishwasher. The problem is , you have been washing dishes for far too long. Is it relaxing to you? Try some upbeat music when you have to wash them.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    we have the dog kennel done except for the pop door. and it is cold today ! seems as no one heard the storm last night but me. the hail was hitting my window so bad i rolled to the other side . LOL thunder/lightening. and chance of snow ? we had thundersnow not too long ago. First time i had ever heard the word before and it still tickles me. and its a real thing. [​IMG] who knew?

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I just treat myself like a toddler. You haven't been to the potty for a while. Go try just in case. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

When I lived in WV, we would have thunder snow right about the middle of February. We had lightning with the thunder. The kids and I would watch it through the upstairs bed room window. It is weird to see lightning through falling snow........the good old days.....

10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Spring cleaning. Just wandering around and shaking my head at the mess. I'm working in the kids' room right now. They're giving away trash bags of stuff... But law of conservation of matter says that it cannot be created or destroyed. SO now all that stuff is in my guestroom. And office. And foyer. And hallway. And y'all keep talking about dishes, but I don't think I've got a clean dish left in the house. I'm not a very diligent housekeeper, worse when the meds fail and I just can't. My Christmas tree is still in the living room. I got the ornaments boxed, but not in the attic. I've just been tired, and any energy I get goes to the chickens.

Sorry for the rant. Guess I'm having a pity party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by