grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I used to eat to live. But, I have found that living to eat is much more fun!

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

HSS! Yes! That's exactly it. I've just started throwing things away. Board games, playing cards... If I find a lonely piece I toss it, then every piece I find afterward. Puzzles are the worst. And folded laundry on the kitchen table. And stuff my kid colors in school...

I have an "office" where I stow my books and craft stuff. And 90% of my "cleaning" or "organizing" is just opening the door and tossing stuff in, then closing the door again. :weee

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    lol, if i could cook i might lose weight . its all the tv dinners ,sandwiches, ect... they dont really fill you up.

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I live to eat chocolate! Everything else I can take it or leave it. But I usually take it. [​IMG]

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    My house is clean.[​IMG] I cant find anything. he even cleaned his tool box and brought it in his bedroom. How/why should i have to go in the house to get a tool when i need it? makes no sense at all. you work with them outside. in the pole barn the wood is outside , every thing is outside ! then i have to go in for a pr. of pliers? [​IMG]

6. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I have one of those "offices" too. It only gets cleaned up when we have a rare overnight visitor, because it also doubles as the "guest room." [​IMG] My boys are finally past the Lego stage. They have acres of Legos and for years there wasn't a room in the house that was safe to walk barefoot. So the floors aren't actually too bad now, but the counters and tables... oy vey! I think I should get a housekeeper because it would make me clean up before they came. How's that for desperate logic?

7. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oddly, even in all the chaos, I know where everything is.... at least the important stuff. Cleaning up too much makes me lose things!

Junk mail is my biggest nemesis. I hate going through it, but won't toss it without removing personal info, so there's usually a pile or two waiting to be processed.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    a small garbage can by the door is a good spot for junk mail. then the burn pile or shredder in your case. I had a good time tonight with all of you. learned a few things. had some good laughs and met a new person. Not bad huh? Learned something new about chickens as well. Its not all instinct. some mate because they want to. I have the cabbage as proof. And tomorrow, If My dh dont behave he will be having coleslaw for dinner. [​IMG] Good night all.

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Good night granny!

We have a randy male parakeet that will have relations with a golf ball sized wiffle ball that was supposed to be a toy. Grossed out the boys, so they took his girlfriend toy away.

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Good Lord! Granny is going to use the chicken's cabbage and make cole slaw for the hubby???

:lau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by