grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    computer is not letting me quote posts now, just reply. @ Twisted , How many this year ? wasnt it close to 100 last yr ? sorry your having problems . Glad you have help though. I havent heard about your friend for a long time . the R that was ill. Is he not able any more ?

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Orpington, one that I'm trading. I'll miss her the most. :hit

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aww, Im sorry. not to late to say no. swap a different one ? I sold some of mine i didnt want to this month. At least they ate well. [​IMG]

4. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    She's not nice or friendly, I just like to look at her out in the yard. Chickens are like dogs: there's always another cute one waiting.

And I've been saving her eggs, so maybe I can hatch out something a little nicer. :)

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    a lot of holding them . all you can, makes for great friends. even when they dont like it. BYC is messing up. said sorry cant process , please report this to the feedback .ect...

6. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Thank you for the well wishes for dh. :) We have to wait 2 weeks to see if he passed and made the list for interviews, so the wait continues! :hmm

The polish are so cute and funny looking. I might need some of those in the future. :)

Camping I'm sorry about having to sell your orps. :( The orps are the ones that started making me want chickens, actually. I have a chocolate, and Frank the slowest feathering blue in the universe, so I'm really looking forward to having some very fluffy chicken butt to look at. :) Well at least one, fingers still crossed that Frank is a girl.

Here is my photo for the night. DH was cleaning the brooder for maybe the second time ever (I'm always the one that does it) and he made a friend. :) We were thinking this one might be a roo for a while because of how confident and nosey it is, but with the feathering I'm pretty confident she's a girl now. Still nosey, though...

[​IMG]

7. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    One of my outside babies is a little puny. My favorite of course. :(

I'm going to give it some corid and electrolytes, and make sure it's eating. The other three are twice as big and act like adult flock members.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    @chitlins, He is Pretty !! chicken not too bad either [​IMG] LOL camping, did you worm them? maybe that one didnt get any ? sometimes they just grow different but play catch-up.

9. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Haven't wormed any of them yet. How old do you worm them? Those babies are right at four weeks.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    umm, I dont know. I will see if i can find some info for you though. 4 weeks and still kicking is NOT failure to thrive so it has to be something like that right ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by