grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exciting for you granny, 2 new baby Seramas. Tonight is day 14 for my eggs in the bator and under a broody. 33/36 eggs in the bator are going strong. I will candle the 10 under my broody on day 18. She has been such a focused broody, hoping she will be just as great of a mother.

I think mama does it best but not all the time. my seramas stopped around or a little after day 20. thats what i am hatching now. But i think i found out why only after reading my own post. 2 seramas stopped , same night. had to been a predator. where they are now nothing will scare them again.

I love having a broody. I've got my broody orp sitting on eggs right now, but she'll be going to her new home a week shy of hatching. Hoping I'll have some ro by then to finish in the bator.

My white layer finally got all the chicks in one nest tonight. She's been working on that for a week. She's not trying to sit and she's still laying every day, just playing mama to the babies.

3 of the serama eggs gone. 2 left. they were ready and in the right place one had pipped internal. wasnt meant to be i guess. if i had heard it i would of helped. probably just too weak. hope the last 2 do something.

have you bbbbbeeeenn dddddrrinking again?
lau.gif

NOPE that's what it looks like when the flipping video add or something on BYC screws up !!!!!!
somad.gif

And that post was cleaned up some even.

Congrats on the hatchlings and commzerations on the ones who didn't make it. All 103 chicks are busy doing chickie things not 1 loss yet. Did I mention I love cackle hatchery don't know of to many other hatcheries that would send pullets as packing peanuts. and in the breed you ordered to boot.

Left overs aka reruns today, meatloaf. Just found out you can buy a family pack of hamburger and make it all up into meatloafs and then freeze it. Then just pop it into the over frozen or not. Tasted great. I use oatmeal instead of bread or cracker crumbs healthier I think. Left over ham going into a fratatta with is just onions and celery and what ever you need to use up out of fridge fried a little then pour a mixture of eggs and milk/cream over it and pop in oven at 350 until almost done then top with cheese and back in until cheese GBD I have used left over baked potatoes, cold spaghetti noodles both good. Cheap and easy and uses the little bits in your fridge that aren't enough for anything else.

Forgot who had asked about brahma's the are very slow to mature and start laying like 7 months or latter. I never could sex mine until almost full grown even then had late bloomers escape the chop as thought they were hens.

The reason I order 15 silver laced roo's is I read they are supposed to be excellent eating and I also wanted to make sure to have a group to chose from to start a breeding group. They will go down to the Little duce coop. or the annex still waiting for electrician to show up and redo the power only been since last Sept/oct.

Just read where Dickinson now has 2x as many motel rooms as it did in 2010 and instead of 90%or better occupancy, the motels are now under 50% me thinks they over built and the banks are going to end up owning a lot of motels in Dickinson just like the last boom/bust of the early 80's in fact that time one motel never even open its doors as a motel but converted to an assisted living/nursing home since the bust hit before construction was completed. This is probably the only part of the country where everyone is hoping that gas/oil prices go back up.

great idea on the meatloaf. saves some time when you dont know what u want to eat ! I have made the frattata but didnt change the recipe any and didnt care for it. very bland. eggs, sausage , shredded frozen potato, ect.. I cant picture noodles though. Woke up this morn, walk into the kitchen looking forward to some coffee and Tom says, Your 2 chicks are dead ! total shock. oh noo !!!!! they were playing possum for him. LOL scared me. bad chickys ! they are fine so far. I am already down to 200. cash for the month. will need (want) smokes. havent started on the other check yet . it is for paying the bills but sometimes i have a 100 left over. depends on elect. bill.
hu.gif
The big swap in KY. is mothers day weekend. guys, I am thinking of getting rid of the seramas. they are rich people chickens. It didnt cost me much to get a start and i can breed and sell them as well as a 2 dollar chicken. they have to be in their own cages ,own waters,= a lot of work. I am not complaining. I will do it but i have to wonder if i am going to be able to sell them. for at least chicken food. I dont know a thing about shipping, cant post pictures. Am I doing this wrong ? Should they just go ? I really dont like to see them in cages. I could set up at the swap for 15 dollars i think. I dont know if i would be blowing an opportunity or having piece of mind .

BTW, i have been reading the oops post. thank you for trying to help. I am staying hush hush because i am afraid i wouldnt be very nice. Am hoping it is just a lack of knowledge but it didnt strike me that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom