grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my neighbors are snickering at me from the other side of the fence. All my chickens are named and I talk to them like they understand me a crazy chicken lady.
big_smile.png

Oh, I know I have provided more than a few moments of entertainment for the neighbors. Yes, my birds are named too, and I can carry on quite a conversation with them. The games of "ring around the barn" are particularly delightful to the porch-sitters when one of the especially naughty birds (*cought* Nugget, I'm talking about YOU *cough*)decides she doesn't want to join the rest of the flock.

Chick chick chick brought them high tailing their little feathers out of the woods tonight and right into the pen. They either wanted the seeds I tossed or they learned last night it is nicer to come than be wrangled! I felt this proud surge of success :)

I have never been able to get mine to come when called.
hu.gif
Bought them scratch and they wouldnt eat it. Finally finished mowing. it was a mission this time. headache the whole time . Pharmacist gave me more medicine. never did find mine. they are very nice down there. She even fills up our weekly pill holders for us because i cant keep up with them. I still have 3 chicks in the house. they chirp all day and half the night. I am putting a towel over the cage now and it works ! I have the lame chick and 2 seramas in here. No idea what i am going to do with them.

I am at a loss this morning - I learned last night that a dear childhood friend suffered a devastating loss this week. She and her three children arrived in Texas on Sunday to join her husband who had been working out there, prompting the family to move -- the movers came Monday and delivered their stuff, on Tuesday her husband got up and went to work like any other day. One of the things he had to do that day was to let someone know they were being let go. The man he was speaking to left the building, went out to his car and got a gun and started back towards the office- Jason saw him heading back towards the office so he stepped outside, locking the door behind him, to try to stop the man - there was a brief exchange, and he was shot multiple times and died on the scene. Because the door was locked, the gunman couldn't get into the building so he hopped in a vehicle and fled the scene - he has since turned himself in. I just do not understand how a person can take someone else's life SO easily, no hesitation, no second thought - just, get angry, get a gun and take a life. This was supposed to be the beginning of an exciting new chapter for their family, and in an instant it's turned on it's head.

I am at a loss this morning - I learned last night that a dear childhood friend suffered a devastating loss this week. She and her three children arrived in Texas on Sunday to join her husband who had been working out there, prompting the family to move -- the movers came Monday and delivered their stuff, on Tuesday her husband got up and went to work like any other day. One of the things he had to do that day was to let someone know they were being let go. The man he was speaking to left the building, went out to his car and got a gun and started back towards the office- Jason saw him heading back towards the office so he stepped outside, locking the door behind him, to try to stop the man - there was a brief exchange, and he was shot multiple times and died on the scene. Because the door was locked, the gunman couldn't get into the building so he hopped in a vehicle and fled the scene - he has since turned himself in. I just do not understand how a person can take someone else's life SO easily, no hesitation, no second thought - just, get angry, get a gun and take a life. This was supposed to be the beginning of an exciting new chapter for their family, and in an instant it's turned on it's head.

I seen there is a go fund me for this family. perhaps you can post it here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom