grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I could never go back to city driving. I was no good at it before. Hated it. always a nervous wreck. when i came here there was maybe 15 people in the wal mart at a time. It is getting so busy now I hate to go. I am probably one of a few that gets pleased when something is abandoned or comes down making room for more trees. ie; less people in town.

2. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Lol granny I may have worked in downtown Calgary, but I lived in a village of 600. I didn't really enjoy living in the city, I'd do what I could to avoid shopping during rush times, and ugh. Driving downtown Calgary just made me twitch. I've done quite a few road trips, I can do city and highway driving but most of my driving has been two lane secondary highways, not that busy.

As is if I have to go grocery shopping on the weekend I have hubs question my sanity and I head out after I do morning feelings (so right near opening) or I'll go later at night when the store is dead.

I don't know how many we have here in Ramona, it's a good size, I mean we got two grocery stores and a Kmart so...lol.

3. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    caught up yeh me. Byc up to usual games. try latter ttfn

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I think the polish has two broken toes. Anything I can do for that?

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you can do a little splint with something stiff and some vet wrap. Bout time Twisted ! busy times. Prostar, I dont know how many here but its growing very fast.

6. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Growing pains of a boom town :/

7. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two pics of the scrape. The middle toe I think is broken, and one on the inside. The missing toenail is unrelated. He's been like that since I got him. I'm going to catch him roosting and take him home for some blu-kote and a few days in a small box. :)

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I think, Camping, if you catch him roosting , its not broke. He should be roosting on the ground if they are broke but it is swelled pretty good and looks painful.

9. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I should say "roosting." They all sleep in the hay in the loft of the tractor. He's been laying down every time I go to check on him, but he can still run fast. I had a box to put him in, and the girl who watched my kids wanted to hold him. Then she set him in the box and he hopped out and ran back into the tractor, where he knows we can't reach. :/

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hahaa, he playing possum with you? If he is running i wouldnt worry too much. Just the blu sounds right. maybe a little down time will calm him some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by