grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernCalEggs

SouthernCalEggs Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2015
    The squirrelinator is a live trap for squirrels. They advertise it on this site. It's also available online and most hardware stores. It's about $50.00.

2. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    [​IMG]

My precioussssssss

3. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Yay shaws!! Fingers crossed!!

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

5. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Squee!! My heart is melting.

They had chicks at the feed store. Laced wyandottes, amuricanas and Mille fleurs.

Hubs was lucky....I was very tempted.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    It always seems so odd to me to hear mention of people seeing/buying chicks at the feed store so "late" in the year - everywhere I've been that I dealt with chicks as the buyer or at the store carrying them our "chick days" were from the end of Feb to 2-3 weeks past Easter.

7. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    They usually do have chicks at kahoots. *shrugs* they're special I guess lol

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    All the TSCs around here haven't had chicks in months. But our "lone star" type feed stores still do. We bought our very first chicks in late August last year.

9. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    mine love mealworms i shake the bag they come running..i dont give them many and i don't everyday.. i use them when i have to put the hens up on a hurry like if a hawks flying low that always worries me so i make sure to put them back in their run ...

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I can (and have) shake every thing i got and still cant train my chickens to come. I loaded my van today with dd and kids and told husband would be back in couple hrs. yard sales here we come ! dropped most the people off at their tattoo shop (kept 2 kids) and hit 2 more sales . 4 total. I scored brand new drapes. 8 of one and 6 of another for 15$ . brand new 4 cup coffee maker for 5$ and tons of odds and ends. Biggest find??? 4 Thomas Kinkaid. pictures in white frames for 20$. I have been looking for these basically ever since i seen his work. never could afford them. very happy with this.. every one we stopped at gave toys to the kids. (sigh) glad they are moving monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by