1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I took the baby with the twisted leg outside for the first time and put her in the grass. she cant walk and is stepping on her own leg. thinking she would do better with a partial amputation but never did it before and the thought of the pain she would feel is too much for me.

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Big night here! Went out to lock everyone up and the broodies had switched nests! I took the marans off her nest and booted the sussex. I was settling the sussex in when I heard cheeping. I checked the marans eggs (that the sussex had stolen) and found a chick! A fluffy chick! Apparently hatched (or at least not killed) by the sussex. :celebrate

Then I went out to the coop and there was a POSSUM IN THE FEEDER. So I went back in for the gun. It took off and I finally got to see how they're getting in: THROUGH THE FENCING. Apparentlg they squeeze through things like weasels. It climbed up until it was over the chicken wire, then went through. :(

3. prostar

prostar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Jerk!!!!

I warned hubs my first paycheck I'm getting pavers for around the run. Freakin squirrels. And his next paycheck we're getting a freakin squirrelanator.

Especially since I can't shoot that pellet gun worth crap.

4. SouthernCalEggs

SouthernCalEggs Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2015
    The squirrelinator works great. Just don't leave it in the sun this time of year. They won't last more than an hour or two in the sun. It will wipe out your squirrel population quick though. About 50 bucks and well worth it.

5. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    It depends, when my exbattery babs was attacked by a fox she broke a few toes and we were told by the vet not due splint them due to the nature of the break so I would consult someone before splinting them.

6. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    congrats on the chick camping !! seems like a long time coming.. scary that a possum can get through those size holes.

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

What is a squirrelinator?

8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Sounds like something Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Phineas and Ferb cartoon) would make - he is always making "inators"
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. campingshaws

campingshaws Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Marans broody has at least two chicks! Sussex (chick stomper) had a pip! Here's hoping for some healthy ALIVE babies today!

1 person likes this.
  10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Morning all!
    Hope this morning finds everyone hale and hearty and ready to enjoy a nice weekend - can we say T-G-I-F ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by