grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Morning all, DIL talked me into taking a benadryl last night for this rash on the back of my neck. its very itchy. so I have just got up. LOL Twisted, you are working too hard. ! your not that young anymore. hehee York, she does look sick in the picture. hunched over with tail down. but maybe she was doing that because the dog scared her ?

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

No egg stuck. Here is a closer up pic. She was like that before the dog sat next to her and they are used to the dogs being out with them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She is 14 months old, been laying normally too. She is wormed up to date too. Eyes look clear, vent ok too.

3. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    My chickens look like that when they've got cocci, or if they're anemic from external parasites.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Thankyou. I'm big on mites and keeping them at bay. I will go check the coop again for them. I have separated her from the others and I'm just going to go give her some revitaliser supplement I have. Think I will treat for cocci just incase.

I tell you it's just one thing after another right now :he

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

What do you guys use for worming on the other side of the big lake?

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Looks like a big healthy poo laying there next to her. LOL does she walk with tail down all the time ? I give my polish mohawks LOL First time i tried to trim one i hit the comb. oops ! so now to avoid it i trim up the sides.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I still dont have a blue or green egg layer . been wanting one for a long time. oh well. I need to get busy and get tom to his hearing aid test. hope you all have a good day. lots of hugs. [​IMG]

8. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Her tail comes up when walking. I've just given her 2 ml of revitaliser. And put some in the water. She has just eaten and drank again on her own but then gone and stood back by herself. I've wormed with Panacur. We don't have a licensed poultry wormer here. I've also used verm -x a supposed natural wormer endorsed by vets over here. I may whop some more horse wormer down them. We have a friend who is a vet so I may pop her to see him all though he's not ofay in chickens. Even though his wife keeps them. I've spoke to him about worming with the horse wormer as I thought I had over dosed them and he says you would have to give them enormous amounts to cause any damage. Maybe I didn't give them enough.

Can't see any mites but I've been round with the DE earth again.

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hope she gets to feeling better Yorkshire. She is a beautiful hen.

10. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I had chickens in the 70s & part of the 80s. I don't remember any of them getting sick. The world is changing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by