grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camping, my last hatch in june was terrible. Temp was low in new bator. Dh keeps asking me why i don t try again. I keep seeing all the chicks that were fully developed in the eggs i opened. I read an article about breeding for lemon bars. It said you may hatch 100 chicks before u get a lemonbar roo. What am i supposed to do with 99 chicks that aren t lemonbar. May take chicks to a trade day near us as they hatch. Am i making any money if i sell them for $1 a piece? Would probably take 3 hatches to get 1 chick. Someone wants to buy pullets from me. Told her $7 a piece. I ll be glad not to have to feed
Them through the winter.

I was hatching for friends at $1 per chick. I was selling to the feed store at $1.50. I think $7 sounds low for pullets, but I agree with the winter feeding.

3 eggs have pipped now.
hip hip hurray
woot.gif
highfive.gif

Im home . Bad trip for pain and stumbling. I should of got a riding cart I guess. There is a red mark on top of my foot and it feels like its being pinched or muscle grabbing inside.
idunno.gif

I tried to shop as cheaply as possible. hot dogs, tuna , couldnt get much meat , hamburger , canned spam . Stuff for grilled cheese.
I hope your right Jane and he didnt give the money to his D as it dont belong to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom