GRAPHIC PICS of my day learning to caponize

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say I'm back. Done with and healed over the death of daughter Aimee last Sept. Now I'm living in Vancouver WA with daughter Jenny. I'm planning a visit to La in March. Poco please sign me up for the class. I'll have to reorder the tools probably unless the buddy I sold mine to will re-sell them back. My life is going extremely well right now. In line to get a rural place somewhere to get more chickens. Sure did miss you guys.

Drat Linda! If I were home I could send you a set of tools. I bought a double set last year and I already had three sets, one of which will never be used again by my youngest son. Of course they won't rot but it's a shame for you to have to buy a set if there is one laying around not being used.

I'll be home in about a month and if you haven't acquired a set by then, I'll ship them off to you, if you want them. They are very slightly used... (oh so slightly).

RON

Last edited:
For people who can't make it to either of the March capon classes but want to get a set of tools, please send me a PM. I'm planning to order the week of March 21 - 25.

The chicks for the classes are growing quickly. They'll be eight weeks old mid March.

This is a wonderful point. I have never caponized and am not sure that I will try, but what happens to all the " excess" male chicks is pretty awful. If this would convert them to jon-crowing birds who could be raised to a good size in the backyard, that might be a good thing.

I moved all the babies off shavings and onto pasture today: 50 cockerels per tractor. We'll see how crowded the little houses are tonight. I've got a heat lamp in each house. The cockerels are fully feathered, so they don't need the lamp, but they will appreciate having it in their new environment.

March 16 and March 19 are the dates for the next capon classes. I'll be ordering tools mid March, so you can PM me if you are interested in attending class or getting a good set of tools.

The next capon class is March 16th. The class after that meets on March 19th. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who signed up. If you need directions or have questions regarding the class, please send me a PM, or you can send an email by using the contact page on my website http://waddlebockfarm.myfreesites.net/

I've got some new video footage to share, and I have an amazing capon chair that students can try. I'm pleased with how well the chair functions, and I'm looking forward to getting everyone's feedback. Remember to bring your headlamp (medical or dental headlamp is best) if you have one. We'll start at 9:00 a.m., I'll provide lunch, and we'll end around 5:00 p.m. Bring a transport cage so that you can take your new capons home with you after class.

Please confirm if you are attending the March 16th or March 19th class. I need to be sure I have supplies prepared for everyone.

Where is the most inexpensive place to get a headlamp?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172128287228?hash=item2813a539fc:g:ipEAAOSwEeFVP1Rj&item=172128287228 This is a battery, charging adapter, and 15,000 - 30,000 lux lamp. The lamp has a clip that fits on glasses.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Dental-...857715?hash=item232c1b8a33:g:wR4AAOSwFMZWqDl6 This will be a little more expensive, but it comes with the glasses that have the bracket for the lamp. You can remove the magnification if it's in your way.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, March 16th. If you're coming to the capon class, we're planning to start at 9:00 a.m. I'm providing lunch, so bring yourself, your enthusiasm, a notebook and pencil, and a headlamp if you have one. Also, bring a transport cage for your new capons.

Send me PM if you need directions. You can also reach me through my website. See my signature line for the link.

Back
Top Bottom