Hello!
I have a Pekin duck that has its winb broken at the humurus. It is protruding through the skin. He doesn't seem to care which is incredible, but I don't think it can be left that way. I can't see how it would heal lik that. I think it should come off more than likely.
How in the world did you subdue your rooster for the surgery you performed? I can't see digging all the way up to his shoulder and removing at the joint, but then we're going to have part of the bone sticking out when I take the rest of the wing. I'm worried most about doing this to him without anethstetic and second getting the bleeding to stop.

Any thoughts?

He's doing great! Has his own harem, he's king roo at my mother's place. A few months ago one of his chicks hatched without one wing, missing from the elbow joint down, just like him. It was so strange, I think just a birth defect but how ironic !
He still walks like a model, puts one foot right in front of the other like a movie star lol, I think its a balance issue but he's learned to work around it.
IMG_20200213_170524.jpg
IMG_20200507_153541.jpg

Thanks for asking :) He's still my favorite guy, he hangs out with baby chicks and is just super chill, love my Raptor dude !

Hello!
I have a Pekin duck that has its winb broken at the humurus. It is protruding through the skin. He doesn't seem to care which is incredible, but I don't think it can be left that way. I can't see how it would heal lik that. I think it should come off more than likely.
How in the world did you subdue your rooster for the surgery you performed? I can't see digging all the way up to his shoulder and removing at the joint, but then we're going to have part of the bone sticking out when I take the rest of the wing. I'm worried most about doing this to him without anethstetic and second getting the bleeding to stop.

Any thoughts?
Hey Osatucker :) I sent you a pretty lengthy pm, but I forgot to ask for pics. Would you be able to show us the fracture?

Back
Top Bottom